THE BEGINING

She got out of the car and walked towards the entrance of the huge mansion. She opened the door and walked straight upstairs.

You are back yet you can't tell me you came back? Do you want me to stop you from going to school?

She turned around and looked at her uncle's wife. She turned around again and kept walking.

SALMA her uncle yelled which stopped her from advancing forward. She turned around and looked at the two of them.

Did you not hear my wife calling you? Don't you have the decency to reply to her? You are being disrespectful.

Leave her my husband. I forgot her dead parents didn't teach her how to respect her elders.

Come here I have something to tell you. She stayed there for a while before walking down and heading towards the living room.

She looked at her fathers younger brother who sat on the chair her late father normally seats on and said am here.

You belong on the floor come on get off that chair her aunt said as soon as she walked inside and joined her husband.

She allowed the words to go to deaf ears and kept her eyes her uncle. I called you here to tell you since you are almost done with school ba.

Since you know what marriage is and you have the audacity to send someone to ask for your hand in marriage I have decided to get you married to my son abdulhadi.

I want you to take out some money from your numerous bank accounts and give it to my wife to buy lefe for you.

Salmah looked at him and his wife and stood up before leaving the room. She proceeded to go upstairs as she did earlier.

On her way up she clashed with a dead drunk man who seemed to be in his late twenties. He smiled and fell on the stairs.

She turned around and looked at him and her aunt who rushed to him at the end of the stairs. She looked at her and said you imbecile.

How dare you push my son down the stairs? Doing this won't stop you from marrying him I will get you married to him even if you die.

Wake up hadi wake up she said shaking her son. Salma just turned around and kept going up.

She used a key and opened a room. Wow the room was beautifully decorated in pink and black.

She dropped her bags and rushed to the bathroom

She dropped her bags and rushed to the bathroom. She took her bath and walked out of the bathroom dressed in some pajamas.

She laid a prayer mat and put her hijab on. She stood on it and prayed nafil before she sat down and took the holy book.

As she read tears fell from her cheeks. The higher her voice the more she cried. After she finished she closed the book and raised her hands up.

She looked up and started praying while she cried. Oh! Almighty please wash away all my worries.