THIRTY THREE

Nusaiba walked out of their side of the house all dolled up.

She walked downstairs and clashed with Arfat on her way out

She walked downstairs and clashed with Arfat on her way out. Arfat hissed at her and said "su agolar gidanmu anji dadin zama toh fa ki sani cewa very soon dagake har wannan matar mai kirar samudawa waje zakuyi tunda ba gidan ubanku bane wlh"

Nusaiba smiled "I don't have your time right now but when I get your time I'll make sure to reply to you"

She walked out of the house and sighed "having those dumbasses here was better. These bitches might actually make me run mad"

She entered inside her car and drove away. She parked in front of a restaurant and entered inside.

Her eyes searched around until she saw a familiar face. She sat opposite of the guy and said "let's get straight to business"

"Okay you call the shots"

She slipped a picture of salma to him. It was a picture of her wedding from the dinner. He picked it up and looked at it.

"You are to get rid of her. An opportunity will present itself in a weeks time. She attends Nile university faculty of law."

"How much will you pay me?"

"Two million in cash after the job is done"

"That is not how I work hajiya Nusaiba. Give me fifty percent now and after I finish the work I will come for the remaining fifty percent"

"I will give you twenty five percent now and then seventy five percent after take it or leave it"

"Okay"

She stood up and said follow me to the car. She opened the armrest and took out five bundles of 1k notes and gave it to him. She said to him "don't disappoint me" as she handed them over to him.

He looked at her intensely before nodding and leaving. Nusaiba closed the door and looked ahead.

"Salma! From the moment you came into Naseem's life I had to cry myself to sleep every night. Naseem was born for me that's why his dad married my mom."

Her hands tightened the steering wheel and she bit her lip "I will surely marry him. Just wait and see. The day you die will be my wedding day"

=================

"Bilal we are going to the port for unexpected inspection get ready"

They entered inside the car just the two of them with Naseem driving. He noticed how uncomfortable Bilal was.

"Get comfortable Bilal. It's an hours ride from here to the port. You don't want to be nervous all the way there."

He took a u-turn and sighed "how long has it been since I drove myself?"

Bilal looked at him "five years and seven months sir"

He glanced at him "how did you know?"

"Well you bought the latest Maserati and it a arrived a week after my son was born. You drove it only once and I have never taken a day off since the leave I took when my son was born.

And that was the last time I saw you drive a car."

"Your son should be in nursery right?"

"Yes sir he goes to Birds Nest Nursery school"

"How many stars?"

"Two stars"

Naseem picked up the speed and said "shouldn't you at least send your child to a school that's three stars?"

Bilal looked at his hands "I am sorry sir but private education right now is very expensive and my wife and son aren't the only ones I have to look out for.

For Abdul to be able to attend a two star school it's his good fortune."

Naseem took a turn and said "who else do you look after?"

"My mother and my late brothers family. As you know feeding is more expensive and there's school as well and also rent."

"Send a detailed letter to Mohammed Mai Na'am's foundation I am sure they will help with the school especially Islamic school.

As for your other expenses I will increase your salary. How much do you receive a month?"

"A sum of two hundred thousand naira"

Naseem hit the brakes hard and thank goodness they were in a somewhat urban road.

He turned to Bilal "what? You are my chief security officer how come your pay is this little?"

Bilal smiled "not so little considering all the personnel get a sack of vintage rice and a carton of vintage noodles at the end of every month."

"Why didn't you ever complain?"

"I am in no position to complain sir."

The conversation died down from there and Naseem kept thinking to himself "clearly Bilal's salary last time was up to four hundred thousand how come he only gets half of it? Where did all the money go?"

They walked around the ships being loaded with goods. They spent more than ten minutes without coming across anyone who stopped them to ask who they were.

"Let's go to the supervisors office"

The man almost pissed his pants when he saw them.

"What is going on here? I thought the ships will be heading out right about this time

"What is going on here? I thought the ships will be heading out right about this time. Why is the loading half done?"

"Sir there was a-bi-bit o-of an a-ac-accident here -to-today."

Naseem just kept staring at him with a bored expression. "Did the accident take all the workers and security personnel with it?"

"No sir t-h"

"Forget about it. You clearly didn't hire workers nor security. You will explain yourself to the internal audit committee that will be here in ten minutes time."

He left the port and went back to the office. As soon as he sat in his office he paged his secretary.

A man dressed in a suit walked in "yes sir"

"Find the files stating the salary of each worker in my house and bring it to me. And also make sure to collect the evidence of how much is paid to the it accounts.

Make sure Ismail does not find out. After that I want you yourself to ask them personally how much they receive per month"