FORTY FOUR

From this chapter we will go on RAMADAN break. Da yaddar Allah bazan sake publishing ba sai bayan Ramadan.

Jumma Mubarak dear readers! May Allah hear your repentance for your mistakes and answer your prayer for forgiveness.

TWO YEARS LATER

A lot has happened to the family in these two years. Starting with Naseem his business has grown more than one could ever imagine.

He recently opened his airline now known as Vintage airline. He has gotten richer and more successful.

With his oil business blooming and his cement and rice business going well he took the entire family to umrah to thank Allah for his countless blessings.

Nabeel handles his rice company while Bello takes care of the cement business. Where as Naseem himself looks after the oil and airline business.

One of the blessings being a baby boy that salma gave birth to last year who was named Yusuf Abdulahad Shattima.

Salma graduated from school and had been called to bar. Salmas relationship with her mother in law is like that of a mother and daughter.

The love umma has for her son was transferred to his wife and new born son.

Unfortunately baba's relationship with his children didn't improve but got worse as time went by.

Sahla's business is doing better than ever Wlh
and she now is shoulder to shoulder with big business women and men.

She recently collaborated with Nike for her new brand of clothing. Where as Her husband won the election for senator.

Aseem got promoted to inspector general of police. As usual he helped a lot of people get jobs from his family members to strangers.

Sadiq is doing a good job handing his company and also with helping Naseem with his oil business. He does a good job with charity as well.

Saliha who just started her business which is a school is doing well and the orphanage which she started with the help of her siblings is doing good too.

Dawood on the other hand had been through hell and is still going through hell. Sajida showed her true colors after three months of their wedding.

She got in between him and his family even umma cannot remember the last time she saw him.

Naseem cut him off due to the rude behavior he showed to him after he scolded him for abandoning umma.

Where as Sameer, Nabeel and salaha all started working under vintage. Salaha and Nabeel are currently being trained to become the GM of Vintage airline while Sameer just follows Naseem around as his personal assistant.

Baba is facing alot of problems at his house because his wives fight all the time and the children are trouble makers.

Qasim had been stealing from baba without his knowledge. The girls go out and return whenever they want while hafsat has been giving him attitude because his son imprisoned her daughter.

Sumayya on the other hand is dead set on chasing hafsat out of the house and deep down is jealous of umma who's kids are successful. 

She tried pressuring baba into forcing umma to return but Aseem stood his ground and said umma won't return to that house unless Sumayya and her kids are chased out. 

==============

Naseem looked at the kids who slept over yesterday

"If you all wake Yusuf up you will have to take care of him"

The house full of kids went silent as if no one was there. Sulaiman looked at him "daddy you are not being fair. I like ummi better"

He shrugged "wether you like me or not Sulaiman it won't stick to me now you all do you homework quietly before I start hitting you with that ruler"

Samir pouted "what is our reward?"

"The whole day at Disney world"

Their faces lit up and they quickly returned to their books. He looked at salsabeela who was struggling with her maths "do you need help?"

"Yes daddy"

He took the book and grabbed an A4 paper and solved the arithmetic equation for her. After that he explained it to her before asking her to copy it.

"Daddy you are better at maths than mama and dad"

He smiled "of course your uncle is a genius"

"You are back?"

"Yes it's very tiring to take care of the kids. Like really tiring"

She looked at him and smiled "now that I have your attention let's talk"

"Go ahead your highness"

"Since am done with bar and all I want to start practicing."

He looked at her "are you serious?"

Salma raised an eyebrow "do I look like am joking?"

"I don't want you working salma and I have told you that countless time while you were studying"

"Babe I can't possibly go to school for five years and not work."

"It is possible salma. If you want to work to earn money the I will increase your monthly salary to two million if you want more.

Working is not an option for you I will not allow you to work. You can contribute to the society in different ways but it doesn't have to be through working."

"I will not condone to this. I have to work. It has always been my dream to practice law I won't allow you to take this from me."

Naseem just stared at her as he's never seen this side of hers. From the beginning of this relationship to date they've never had an argument this big.

Now that he looks back to their life they've never really argued before as there was nothing to argue about.

"I've said what I have to and that's final I won't say or hear anything further about this." He said and left.

Salma watched him leave before walking to her closet and grabbing a new hijab. She wore it and took a remote before coming out.

She took her phone and sent a message before leaving after picking Yusuf up. She took the elevator and went down to the first floor.

She ignored Basira who called for her and just left the house. She walked to the parking space where the cars were parked and unlocked the bright red Cadillac.

After placing Yusuf in his car seat she turned on the car and reversed it.

Naseem watched her leave the house from the extra large window from his office.