FORTY NINE

EID SPECIAL

TWO YEARS LATER

LOCATION: Berlin Germany

Salma stood inside the huge closet which had suitcases everywhere with clothes and jewelry all over the place.

She turned around as if she was looking for something when she saw Naseem standing there.

He quickly smiled and made heart fingers at her.

"What are you doing?"

He dropped his hands and said "you are not romantic at all"

"Babe you promised umma we will be home in time to join them for the wedding which is just three days away and we are not even done packing yet"

He sighed "let the maids do it"

"No I will do it I want it in a specific pattern so they will be easy to unpack when we arrive. Now come and help me before your son wakes up"

He sat down and started helping her. It took them seven hours to finish up their closet. She collapsed beside him and laid by his side "I am dead tired"

He looked at her and said "you are very beautiful love"

"You are very handsome my dear" she replied and stood up saying "I'll take a shower and get some sleep before tomorrow."

ABUJA NIGERIA

Baba entered inside his car and drove out of the house" he was driving fine until he reached the intersection and a large truck filled with dirt rammed into him.

Fortunately the people there helped get him out of the car and take him to the nearest hospital.

He woke up and realized he was in the hospital.  He borrowed a phone and called Sumayya. She looked at the phone and ignored the call.

He knew Sahlas phone number by heart so he called out his daughter. Sahla rushed to the hospital and on her way she called Aseem who said he will see her there.

The doctor explained he had a concussion and that he was very lucky to have survived the accident.

She sent him back to his house and left afterwards. Sumayya started crying causing a scene.

He held her and asked "what happened?"

"Since yesterday when you left I had been feeling restless and I was more worried when I called but couldn't reach you.

Do you know I almost died? Your wife called and said you will surely die.

Sumayya which wife?

She looked at him and instantly changed her plan your third wife.

All the children sat in the living room having a meeting. Sahla looked at Naseem who didn't say a word since he arrived.

Naseem say something.