FORTY ONE

"What? How did that happen salaha?"

Umma hung up the phone and looked at them including ya Sahla who was there with red eyes and said "salma has been taken to the hospital. Salaha said she was bleeding and collapsed"

Umma sent saliha and farida to the hospital while they tried to get hold of Naseem but they couldn't.

Salim who was sitting in a corner after crying his eyes out heard his phone buzzing. He took it out and looked at the caller.

He picked up and said hello.

"I don't know all I know is I heard screaming and when I came out I just saw her collapsing and then there was a lot of blood"

A doctor came out for the third time and he said to them "we need blood"

Salim stood up "I am her brother and a match I am also B negative you can draw mine"

He placed the phone back to his ear and said I need to get tests done. He hung up and followed the nurse.

The tests came out and he walked to the second lab and got two pints of blood taken.

===============

Naseem screened the calls coming through his phone as he was in a meeting. He was in a bad mood as he had been away from his family.

He looked at Bilal who walked in and raised an eyebrow. Bilal had this look of pity or sadness in his eyes which alarmed Naseem.

"Check your phone sir. It is very important that you do so"

He adjourned the meeting and looked at his phone. He dialed umma's number first and placed the phone to his ear.

He listened to her every word before and after she dropped the bomb on him. "Does salma know?"

"No why?"

"She called early this afternoon and was asking me weird questions"

"I sent salaha to bring her here don't worry"

After he hung up he looked at Bilal "get the private jet ready to leave."

On his way to the airport he received another call from Khalid.

"Yes"

He held his head and said "what exactly happened?"

He hung up and dialed another number. He asked Salim what was going on and he received an answer.

He logged into the cctv app and looked at the footage from morning. "Why is she so pale?"

He watched the entire scene unfold he saw her holding salaha's hand asking her to tell her.

==========•••••••••••••••••

Salma was moved to a private room after a while and they all followed her there.

Farida asked the doctor who came to change the blood bag to the second one. "Won't you tell us what is wrong with her?"

"I am sorry but we can only speak about her issues to her husband or brother and none of them are here at the moment."

It so happened that Salim went home to change after being forced by saliha when she was brought out.

Fortunately Naseem was in Morocco and a four hour forty minutes flight took him to Lagos where he changed jets and flew to abuja.

A fifty minutes drive took him to the hospital and he arrived just as Salim parked the car.

"Should you be driving after giving two bags of blood?"

"I am very healthy ya seems"

They entered inside the hospital and Naseem ignored them all and went to the doctors office.

"It is good that you are here this soon. We were told it would take you seventeen hours"

"I left that destination the night before the incident happened"

"The patient is is a very bad condition right now. She had already been stressed and we all know stress is not good for a pregnant woman."

"Pregnant?" Naseem asked surprised.

"I guess neither her nor you knew she was pregnant. She was immensely stressed and the bad news made it worse which is the reason her blood pressure skyrocketed.

When we checked it by the time she was brought it was a little over one ninety. All that caused bleeding which is why she almost miscarried the baby.

However we are not in the clear yet because the pregnancy is still in the midsts of danger. We checked her blood pressure thirty minutes ago and it's currently at one sixty which is a very big improvement.

We can only do so much so we need you to take care of the rest. She shouldn't think a lot and from now on till she gives birth she will be on bed rest.

No pressure, stress or too much mingling is allowed. Although her mental state is normal it can deteriorate quickly so watch out and don't leave her alone because thoughts are dangerous"

 Although her mental state is normal it can deteriorate quickly so watch out and don't leave her alone because thoughts are dangerous"

It's been a day after the incident and salma had been discharged and will be receiving care at home.

She lay on the bed like a lifeless woman while Salim stood beside the bed looking at her. She had iv fluids going in which were almost finished.

Salim looked at the nurse at the corner and said press number seven for me and number five for her husband.

He left the room and closed the door. He leaned on it and closed his eyes thinking back to when they lost their parents.

Naseem who was at the end of the hallway with his hands in his pockets looked at him. "She will be fine. She is just trying to organize her thoughts"

Salim who flinched as he was startled because he didn't see him there he only heard his voice. "Hello ya naseem"

Naseem looked at his face "if it makes you uncomfortable you don't have to call me that just call me Naseem"

Salim shook his head "that is disrespectful"

"You can call me yaya when I earn your respect"

"Don't worry ya Naseem it came out like that because I am unfamiliar with the name."

"Thanks but Abdul would be good" Naseem said still giving him the look.

"What?"

A small smile found its way to his lips "Naseem isn't my real name you didn't think it was did you?"

Salim smiled awkwardly.

"There's still time to know each other and by the way my name is Abdulahad" after that he turned around and left.