SIX

She slowly woke up and was staring at the ceiling. She felt an uncomfortable thing on her nose so she moved her hand to remove it.

She an unbearable pain and ache all over her body. She moved her hand to her nose but felt someone remove her hand and keep it aside.

She turned her head and was eye to eye with familiar green eyes. She looked at the lady confused as she has never seen her before.

She attempted to remove her oxygen mask and the lady stopped her once again. She smiled and said salma karki kuskura.

She furrowed her eyebrows and slowly went back to sleep. She slept for a day and a half before waking up again.

This time she woke up to zainab and her mom. Her eyes searched the room and she then found the familiar set of green eyes at the back.

It looked like she was on the phone they made eye contact and she smiled at her. Salma took her eyes off her and placed them on zainab.

She placed her hand on her nose and thankfully this time around it wasn't an big oxygen mask.

She smiled at umma zainabs mother and opened her mouth and said umma good evening.

How are you feeling my child? She nodded fine and from then refused to say anything as she started feeling dizzy.

She took a short nap and woke up to the woman beside her. She looked around and didn't find anyone.

The lady smiled and said am sure you are curious as to who I am right? Salma nodded and she said okay.

My name is Sahla and I am here to take care of you. Salma's eyes landed on Naseem junior and she kept staring at him.

You want to hold him? She nodded with an invincible smile. Sahla took Naseem junior and gave him to salma.

Careful with your IV lines. She kept looking at the sleeping baby with a smile on her face until he woke up.

He looked at her with his unique eyes one which was your normal big brown eye and the other was a bright green.

He looked at her before looking away and then he started moving slowly like new borns normally do.

After she took the baby salma looked at her and said I want to go home. Sahla smiled and said you won't leave this hospital till 12th which is ten days from now.

Ple-no don't even beg me I won't give into your demands. Salma kept quite and said okay can you allow me to pray?

Sure you can even take a bath I'll prepare the bathroom for you. She came out shortly after and opened a pink bag.

She took out some clothes and walked to her. Let me call the nurse to remove these she said and walked out of the room.

Only to come back the minute she closed the door. Salma looked at her confused and she smiled I sent someone.

The nurse came and removed the iv lines and oxygen. Twenty minutes please then I will have to put the oxygen back.

Okay you can seat and wait for her to come out Sahla said and helped her up. She took her to the bathroom and said call me when you are done.

It took her exactly twenty minutes and she walked out on her own. All of a sudden she felt dizzy so she quickly held the door.

They quickly rushed to her and helped her to the bed. The oxygen was placed on her once again.

She went to sleep after the drips were returned. Sahla looked at her and said to herself I believe it's time.

Her eyes landed on Salma's hair which was long surprisingly longer than hers. She took her phone and texted a number what's up?
=========••••••••••••••••••••==========
He sat down on the kitchen island chair and looked at her. Keep it short say what you have to I am busy.