FORTY FIVE

Salma barged inside the Spanish styled modern villa. Salim who was by the stairs looked at her and said "you didn't say you were coming"

He smiled upon seeing Yusuf and took him from her. She rushed upstairs to find aunt nuriyya who was sorting out some papers.

She looked up upon hearing the door open and said "did you forget how to knock?"

Salma just proceeded to the bed and sat down. As soon as she sat down her eyes betrayed her and she started crying.

Aunt nuriyya just stared at her and didn't say anything. She sighed after five minutes and said "if all you are going to do is cry then leave"

She looked up with her big red eyes "anti you won't even listen to what I have to say?"

"You didn't say anything you just kept crying. Was I born to listen to you cry?"

"Anti!"

"Get to the point salma. You're a married woman you shouldn't be outside at a time like this"

Salma looked down and sighed before looking back up "Naseem won't let me work"

"So?"

Salma just kept quite and aunt nuriyya looked away "if you want my advice, start from the beginning"

"He sai........k"

Anti sighed before saying "so you had a heated argument and now you're here because you got mad?"

"Mama you are not taking this seriously"

"That's because there has to be something serious to take as serious and since there's nothing serious about it why will I take it seriously?"

Salma got offended so mama sighed once again and started talking "listen here! Before your wedding you yourself with that mouth begged Allah to find a way for you.

He brought you Naseem. Let me ask you had it been Hadi that you got married to instead of Naseem do you think you would've gone to university let alone get a degree and talk about work?

Us humans have a habit of forgetting our past and we tend to be ungrateful a times. Not only did Naseem get back every single penny bala took from your inheritance.

He even went as far as to find a good management team for your late fathers companies. You have been reaping the profits and as sure as I am that I will die any day any time.

Am hella sure Naseem doesn't ask about the business and he doesn't give shit about how much you earn. Now salma tell me something.

You found a man this good who is almost perfect and you are willing to loose him for what?

Some chicken change? How much will you get how many people will you defend are you even sure it will work out?

Are you willing to lose your marriage over a job? Over this duniya you will sacrifice your akhira?

I would have understood and supported you if Naseem was mistreating you if you had something to do with money. 90% of women who work, work because their husbands fail to provide for them.

In your case am sure that is not the case. Your husband willingly does what you need and you don't lack anything tell me why the fuzz? Aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite and an asshole here?

Even I your aunt who has a PhD and is a professor does not work and my husband isn't half as rich as yours and its not that I don't want to help people with my knowledge. I just chose to help in other ways other than working.

And here you are with you little law degree and small minded thinking causing a fight because your husband doesn't agree that you should work.

Let me ask you are you not helping people at your dads foundation? Or is it child's play that you're doing over there? There are a million ways to help people.