TWENTY SIX

Salma looked at herself in the mirror and tried to decide on which earring to wear. She sighed and decided on the first one.

She looked at Naseem who was seated in his crib already dressed in same colored clothes as her.

She smiled and played with him before picking him up and heading downstairs. She looked at Khalid who was standing by the car.

"Where is he?"

"He left first. He has to attend to something before heading to the airport."

She entered inside the car and he closed the door behind her. The three car convoy took off for their journey to the airport.

Khalid led the way to the private waiting area as not everyone had arrived.

She saw Asiya and Ya Aseem there along with their children and Saliha was also there with her kids

She arrived with a smile and said hi to all of them before finding a seat and sitting down. She held junior on her lap despite him trying to get down.

She held him with one hand and used the other to press her phone. "Salma when last kikayi sallah a adamawa?

She looked at Asiya and said "I believe it's been long the last eid I went to that place was the one before baba passed away"

"You're starting school next semester right?"

"Yes everything is ready I am just waiting for school to open."

"Which course?"

"Law"

"That means we will have a lawyer in the house Aseem chipped in on their conversation."

She smiled "Insha Allah ya Aseem but I don't know if i will practice."

"Why not?" Saliha asked.

"I just don't feel like it."

The arrival of umma stopped the whole conversation and they all stood up to greet her. She said a good morning to them as well and took a seat beside salma.

Coming behind umma was Dawood, Sameer, Nabeel and salaha.

Salaha picked junior up after greeting them and started roughly playing with him.

Umma looked at her and said "stop it salaha don't teach him rough play."

The place became more lively and you could hear conversations here and there. Sadiq arrived ten minutes after the umma and his siblings.

Farida(his wife) said good morning to umma and then went ahead to greet ya Aseem and said hi to both salma and Asiya.

Umma took Sulaiman(Sadiq's son) and said "tsoho kwana dayawa? Maigida ya manta da amaryar sa"

A lively and positive atmosphere was around them. The mood changed as soon as baba arrived with Sumayya and Hafsat.

Behind them were Qasim, Arfat and zaynab. The kids said a short welcome to him and so did his daughter in laws.

"What are we waiting for let's board the plane so we can get there fast enough and meet some relatives"

"Naseem is not here yet" Aseem said while looking at his phone.

Baba looked around and noticed he wasn't there. Baba took a seat and Hafsat took the only remaining one.

Baba looked at the kids to see who would offer to give his sit to Sumayya but none made the move.

"Salaha why don't you give your seat to your second mom?"

Salaha closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep. Dawood stood up and walked out of the private waiting area.

Baba said to Sumayya go and have a seat. She looked at sameer who was seated on the right and salaha who was on the left before seating.

Naseem walked through the glass doors of the waiting room with Dawood behind him. His eyes went around and he saw everyone.

He walked to them and said good morning to his parents and ya Aseem before everyone said good morning to him.

He looked at Samir(Aseem's six year old) and Bilal(saliha's four year old)

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Sameer looked away and said "nothing"

"Let's get going Naseem" baba urged. He looked at baba and said okay before taking out his phone.

"Is everything ready?"

"I am sorry sir. I was just about to call you. The jet has been fueled but it's not showing a signal. Some people are currently looking to find the problem."

"Forget about it check and see if you can find thirty seats for the next leaving flight to yola. I will send you a list of names that the tickets will be printed for"

"Ok sir I will inquire right now and get back to you"

He hung up and looked at Samir. "Write a list of everybody's name and send it to the number I just sent to you."

He looked at baba and said "the aircraft we hired seems to have some issues so we might not be able to use it. However we can follow the next flight to yola."

"What about your private jet?"

He looked at baba "I would have sent you with it but unfortunately ya Sahla took it with her to Makkah and the second one fits only seven people. Your grandchildren alone are more than that. I think it's best we take a commercial one all together."

He picked the call and listened. "Okay print the boarding passes and bring them to the vip waiting area."

Sadiq stood up from umma's side and said have a sit yaya. He nodded and sat besides umma.

Nabeel stood up from his chair and said "ya sadiq you can seat here I'll just go and get something to drink"

He took her hand in his and said "how are you?"

"I am fine Abdul"

He nodded "just wait a little longer the next plane if coming from Lagos we will be out of here in an hour or so."

Naseem looked at salsabeela and said "Amma should we get something to eat?" She nodded and he packed all the kids who could walk and said they are going to buy food."

He said to the rest you can follow if you want and left. The long train sure caught a lot of attention form the people waiting for their flight.