FIFTY FIVE

Naseem rushed in after ten and took off the large babbar Riga he was wearing. He rushed upstairs and went to their bedroom.

He took a long shower and got dressed in his night clothes. He walked out of his room and entered inside Yusuf's room.

Yusuf smiled when he saw Naseem walk in. Naseem looked at his bed before walking to the glass doors.

He opened it and entered inside to reveal Yusuf's small study. Yusuf who was on his chair looking at his Apple desktop glanced at him.

Why didn't you go to sleep?

You didn't come home and am studying.

I am home now you should sleep you have been having little sleep these days.

I want perfect grades and Muhammad came earlier.

I will be back by twelve to check.

Sure.

Naseem left the room and walked to the room besides it. He knocked and opened it.

He looked at Muhammad who was sleeping peacefully.

He closed the door and walked to Sahra and Sahla's room. They were asleep as well and he walked to their twin beds that they joined together.

He read some prayers for them and adjusted their blankets.

The campaigns ended today and Sahla and Sadiq were not on good terms.

Naseem still couldn't get why sadiq refused to allow farida to attend the women campaign since no men were involved except security.

The elections started and all the family members eligible to vote all went down to adamawa the day before.

Ten in the morning they headed to their respective polling units to cast their votes. Naseem walked to the polling unit side by side with salma.

They were excused by the people already there. Salma and Salim talked as they received their ballot papers.

Salma smiled at something he said and cast her vote for the presidential candidate. And debated on who to cast for the senator.

She casted it and placed them in their respective ballot boxes. She smiled and wiped her hand with tissue.

They walked out and Salim said to her anti I will bring her to you tomorrow Insha Allah.

Are you serious about her?

Yes.

Okay.

What are you to gossiping about? Naseem asked as he approached the car where there were standing.

Salim wants to bring his girlfriend to see me.

You really should reconsider Salim if it's the one who lives in London I'll give you something to help change your mind when we get home.

They got in the car as salma already got in since. The drive back to the airport was long and filled with tension.

Salim was starting to falter as he knew Naseem never talks without a reason. So could his beloved be wrong for him?

Meanwhile salma was feeling uncomfortable due to stomachache.

She held her slightly showing belly and closed her eyes. They arrived at the airport and entered inside the jet only to find most of the members of the family.

Salma kept making faces so Aseem who was opposite to naseem cut his conversation with naseem and said salma are you alright?

She smiled and said am fine ya Aseem I just have a raging headache.

Naseem looked at her and sighed before looking back at ya Aseem. The flight from Adamawa to abuja wasn't long.

Salma ushered Naseem to meet with his brother in law and entered the car alone. She wasn't surprised to see her kids by the door waiting.

She received smiles and hugs before they walked in. She took a shower and decided to rest.

She slept for a while but woke up due to the intense pain in her belly. She sighed and grabbed a car key and her veil before walking to Yusuf's room.

She barged in and looked at him. Yusuf who was on his phone looked at her and said mom!

Come give me a ride to vintage memorial I don't think I can drive. He stood up and walked to her.

They walked down the stairs and to the car. She waited at the entrance while he went to the car park and got the car.

She got in the front seat and Yusuf drove her to  vintage memorial. Without wasting time she went straight to her gynecologist.

She explained the issue to her and the doctor had her lie down before examining her. After a while she looked at her and said salma you are in danger of having a miscarriage.

How long have you been having these stomach aches?

Since the beginning but they were inconsistent.

I will admit you for treatment and observation.

Salma hesitantly agreed to the admission. She called Yusuf in and asked him to get the paperwork ready.

Will you really get admitted?

She said it's necessary baby.

Yusuf glared at the doctor before leaving.

She got a private room and in less than an hour Naseem came rushing to the hospital. He had to get a detailed explanation from the doctor before calming down.

The next morning he sat beside her bed and watched the television intently as they were announcing how many votes each party got in a state

Salim walked in along with Sahra and Sahla salma looked at them how was your night girls?

Fine mom. Why is dad not answering our greetings?

Let's just say he's busy Sahla.

Before eleven the room was filled with members of the family all eight siblings of Naseem were present with their families.

The room was quite as they all had their attention on the television. They left on a break as some states results didn't arrive yet.

Ya Aseem looked at him and said so far he is leading.

Twenty states including Kano it's looking good. Naseem replied and looked at his phone. Salim said to ya Aseem even in Lagos the leading party did not lead with more than twenty thousand votes.

Salma smiled and shook her head. It wasn't till after two that they announced the winner and Alhamdulillah Abdulaziz was the winner.

The room erupted with shouts and hamdala before they went quite. They all congratulated each other before calls started arriving.