FIFTY TWO

JUMA'AT MUBARAK

LOCATION: MAKKAH

Naseem went through their cloths searching for only he knows what when he stumbled across receipts.

He opened them and looked at them one after the other. He stood up and opened the small suitcase and took out the five boxes there.

He opened them and saw two necklaces that look exactly the same with their stuff and two necklaces that are exactly the same as well.

The big necklace which seemed to be hers was obvious. He smiled so she used her money to buy ten million worth of gold for each daughter when he was clearly against it.

He walked out of the room and found himself in the hallway where the other rooms were.

He walked to the balcony where he could see them chit chatting.

Salmah! Come up here for a bit

She looked up and stood up. As she did her phone rang. She took the stairs and answered it.

Hello uncle!

Oh yes I remember.

I definitely can and it's not that big of a deal Bintu is getting married in a months time all that's left is Noah.

She opened the bedroom door and entered inside. Yes you can send them in four days time.

She looked at Naseem who was leaning on the wall and looking at her. She said goodbye and hung up.

Bae what's the matter?

He pointed at the jewelry and her eyes followed.

She smiled and walked to him and then made an attempt to hug him while saying the other set was too cute not to buy.

He moved away and avoided her hug. What did I tell you In Nigeria? No what did I say to you in Moscow?

You said their budget is five million each. But I bought those with my money so we didn't go over the budget.

He ran his fingers through his hair. Salma it's not a matter of who pays and who doesn't. It's a matter of discipline the girls are just four.

So?

He looked at her speechless before saying you don't see a problem in spending ten million each on them?

No I don't.

We will get back to that later let's talk about your plans. I clearly said Noah can't move in until September and you disregarded my order and said he could come in four days.

Salma sighed and rolled her eyes why are you hypersensitive these days? You are like a lady going through menopause.

He just looked at her and didn't move or speak he just looked.

Fine you very well know the main reason I decided to have them move in since mama(aunt nuriyya) passed last summer is because uncle is getting married again and am afraid she will mistreat poor Noah.

You know how I suffered under my uncle and his wife I can't imagine how Noah will survive under a step mom.

And ihsan got married just recently I don't want her to bear the burden of raising him before she even gives birth.

I don't care salma the idea is you should listen to me.

But Salim lives with us.

He is your blood brother and I didn't say nuhu shouldn't move in I am saying he should move in in September.

Naseem he is my aunts son not just anybody. My late aunt who helped me in my life.

Wai nikam what's wrong with you these days? You see the fault of your loved ones and push them away but you bring your enemies closer to you.

Salma keep your imaginations to yourself before pointing fingers at someone look into your life first.

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. And Noah will only move in when it's September like I said.

Fine but he and I will move in when it's September. She said and grabbed her duffle bag.

She left the room and hurried downstairs. She heard him yell from upstairs. Get back here!

She ignored him and kept hurrying downstairs. She ignored ya Sahla and Asiya that were in the living room.

On her way to the door he grabbed her and moved her backwards saying did you suddenly go deaf?

She ignored him and tried to walk away but then his hold on her arm tightened and he moved her back.

I said go back upstairs. A look was enough to tell just how angry he was. Umma who just woke up from her nap looked downstairs and saw ya Sahla walking towards Naseem who was talking to salma.

Naseem what's going on?

He turned to ya Sahla and said nothing. He looked back at her and said didn't you hear me? I said go back upstairs and reflect on your actions.

He let go of her hand and she just dropped the bag and headed towards the door.

He closed his eyes shut and grabbed her almost injuring her. He pointed a finger at her and opened his eyes and said you are testing my patience Salmah.

She looked into his eyes and knew he wasn't kidding. He pointed at the stairs and said go back up and think about what you did.

He let her go and she surprisingly stood there and smiled I am going to my fathers house.

Ya Sahla looked at salma surprised before saying what really is going on here?

Naseem who had his eyes inside Salma's eyes said I said nothing!

Salma moved away and grabbed the door handle. Naseem grabbed her hand and forcefully dragged her upstairs.

Umma yelled from upstairs what nonsense is this Naseem? Why are you using your strength on a lady your wife for that matter instead of gently talking to her?

Naseem looked at her and said umma Salmah here doesn't respond well to kindness she sees it as a weakness.

He dragged her to one of the rooms downstairs and locked her inside. As soon as he turned around he received a hot slap on his cheek.

He looked at umma who stood before him with eyes full of anger.