FORTY

Be happy while helping others, as Allah helps the person through you. May Allah give all of us the ability to help others! Jumma Mubarak.

"Sally, is this not Dawood ya Naseem's younger brother?"

Salma emerged from a hallway

"Let me see"

She took the phone and looked at the picture. It was a picture of Dawood and what seems to be his wife.

"Wedding Fatiha?"

"Yes it says so on the caption"

She took her phone and dialed Naseem's international number. When he didn't pick up as she expected she called Asiya.

"I was about to call you but you called first" Asiya said.

"Really?"

"Yes. Did you see Dawood wedding pictures going around?"

"I did but I don't remember an invitation being sent to us"

"Yooo salma who are we? His siblings were not invited let alone us his sister in laws"

"It seems the wedding happened yesterday"

"I know. And what surprises me is that yesterday I went to pick Samir from umma's house and it didn't look like they planned anything"

"Does umma know?"

"No matter how high he is salma he definitely won't get married without his mother's consent"

Salma hummed "a war has been started Asiya. Ya Sahla is strictly against this marriage so is ya Aseem. It's only big seem that is neutral about it"

ONE WEEK LATER

It's been a while after the incident and three weeks since Naseem travelled. A lot has happened since.

She took Salim around and they had some sibling bonding. Surprisingly two days after the wedding Dawood came to the house with his wife.

Salma can't read people so she thought Sajida was quite normal. She entertained them until they both left.

It was only later that she found out that sajida wasn't welcomed in ya Sahla's house.

What happened was she had her maid at the entrance tell them Dawood was welcome but the lady wasn't.

Dawood entered and tried to convince ya Sahla but she said to him "be grateful i still consider you my brother. You are welcome any time but your so called wife isn't"

Unfortunately the two weren't allowed inside ya Aseem's house as he stood outside the gate and bluntly said "you will regret this marriage Dawood either now or in the near future"

Today was a Saturday and in the evening salma and Salim went to the garden to chill. "Sally where is junior?"

She smiled "he has gone home to see his siblings I send him there every two weeks."

Salma woke up the next morning having this oddly familiar feeling. She felt it the day dad and mom passed away.

She called Naseem and everything was fine so she called aunt nuriyya as well and everything was fine over there.

She looked for Salim who was still sleeping. She woke him up as she thought he had died.

She called ya Sahla but her phone wasn't going. Salma got restless and started pacing around the house.

She kept saying innalillahi wainna illaihir rajiun as she walked back and forth in the living room.

Salim who miraculously appeared said to her "sally why do you look pale? It's like you don't have blood"

She looked at him "Sasa I've been having this feeling lately since yesterday night. It's the same I got when abba and umma died"

He looked shocked before shrugging it off "it's probably nothing"

"I hope so" she said and took a seat still repeating the prayer. She stood up to go upstairs to pray as Salim had already gone to the mosque.

She was about to take a step when her phone rang and she got so startled that she dropped it.

She looked at the name ya Sahla written. She slowly and hesitantly took it from the ground before picking it up and taking it to her ear.

In a calm and collected voice ya Sahla said to her "where are you?"

"Am at home ya Sahla is something wrong?"

"Okay see you soon"

She went upstairs and prayed with a heavy heart and prayed to Allah Almighty to ease her worries.

She returned downstairs this time with a peach colored pants and a white silk long sleeve T-Shirt.

Salaha walked inside the house with red eyes and a swollen face which raised Salma's blood pressure.

"What happened salaha? Why are you like this?"

"Ya salma Naseem is gone! Junior is gone he passed away earlier this morning. He drowned in the pool"

Stars started appearing all over the room as her vision started blurring. Salaha had this look of horror on her as she looked at the floor.

"Ya salma you are bleeding"

Salim who heard the commotion and salah screaming for help rushed into the living room and saw his sister collapsing on salaha.

It was a matter of seconds before the maids who were no where to be seen earlier filled the room.

Salim rushed to them and picked her up rushing to the door just in time with Khalid who rang the bell.

Salim said to him "get the car"

Salim stood there with her in his arms until the car arrived and it was just a matter of seconds but it felt like hours.

He put her in and sat in the back with her still on him while salaha was in the front and Khalid who was driving.

He looked at her face and she looked as white as a paper. The redness surrounding her face and body disappeared in a matter of seconds.

After over speeding and violation of traffic lights they arrived at Vintage Memorial Hospital in fifteen minutes.

Salim got out and rushed her inside to the emergency room. After five minutes a doctor came out.

"Can you tell me in details what happened?"

"She received the news of her sons death" salaha said.

"Before that she had been restless the entire morning and she looked pale too" Salim said as well.

"Is she pregnant?"

He looked at salaha and she looked at him "we don't know"

After the doctor left Salaha called umma and told her that salma is in the hospital.