7 | Motivation

Chapter 7 - Motivation

Marinette's POV

I watched as Chat Noir flew off into the night. I actually enjoyed having someone to talk to for once. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Once Chat Noir had gone, I returned back into my room with a small smile on my face.

Somehow I had gained the motivation to finish off my homework.

Why let this feeling go to waste?

I quickly began working on the rest of my homework with my new found motivation.

I could finally concentrate on the work that was set in front of me.

Thank you Chat Noir

"What's got you smiling so much?" Tiki asked.

I froze. I forgot Tiki stayed in my room resting while I went out.

Have fun explaining this one

"Oh umm it's nothing. I just spent some time out with Chat Noir, that's all" I chuckled nervously.

I mean I didn't lie to her. I told her what I did.

Just not the specifics.

"Really? How did it go?" She asked enthusiastically.

"It was actually quite nice. We just talked about random things and Chat obviously threw in some of his puns-" I smiled as I began recalling the events that occurred throughout the day.

"Marinette you didn't answer my question." Tiki chuckled

I thought she was gonna let that go.

Well you thought wrong my friend.

"You still haven't explained why you are smiling so much. You've spent a lot of time with Chat Noir and you haven't smiled this much in a while." Tiki chuckled. "Spill the tea Marinette."

She got you there

"Okay fine." I huffed

I didn't even know why I smiling so much.

Then I remembered I hugged Chat Noir.

Oh.

That hug was real personal

"It was nothing big, I just hugged Chat Noir."

Liar

"Well technically he hugged me but that was the best hug I've received in a while. He felt so warm and he hugged me softly yet tightly while I cried my eyes out. Honestly I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would and - wait am I rambling again? Let me stop" I said in one breath.

Just thinking about what happened made my cheeks warm up.

Don't tell me I'm blushing.

Oh you're definitely blushing.

No I'm not supposed to be blushing. Only one boy is supposed to make me blush and that's Adrien.

I need to stop thinking about what happened.

"Oh okay. I see" Tiki laughed.

I brought my hands up to my face and covered it. There is no doubt that Tiki saw me blush.

I need to distract myself.

I immediately went back to finish my homework. I was nearly done anyways so maybe it could help me forget about my thoughts of Chat Noir.

Right?

Wrong.

Adrien's POV

As soon as I made it to the mansion I de-transformed again and plopped down on my bed, facing the ceiling.

I stared at the ceiling allowing my thoughts to run wild.

How did you not notice she was hurting?

Honestly I have no idea.

Maybe I spent too much time obsessing over ladybug that I started to neglect the needs of my own friends.

All I know is that I have to do something. I can't let one of my friends suffer alone. She needs some support and that is exactly what I'm going to give her.

I don't care how long it takes, but I will bring a smile back on Marinette's face.

_______

Hey guys! Another chapter done. Could this be the start to new friendships? Could Adrienette or Marichat find some sparks of love? We are gonna have to wait and find out.

Sorry for not updating in what seems like forever. I promise I am going to spend more time writing and completing my story's. Sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoyed todays chapter and I'll see you in the next chapter.

- Miss miah

Word count - 662 words

Edited