44 | Panic and Chaos

Chapter 44 - Panic and Chaos  

Carapace's POV

"We need to save Chat Noir." Rena shouted as we desperately ran from Stormy who was using the weather to blow us off our feet.

"How Rena? We can't go anywhere when we have stormy here clearly wanting to see our death." I shouted back. As much as I wanted to save my bro, I was also in the middle of my own crisis.

"We can't just leave Chat when he's clearly struggling there alone. We have to save him." Rena looked at me frustrated. I understood her frustration, but it would be too dangerous to get all these villains in one place.

Just as I finished my sentence, the building we were on, began collapsing because of the force of wind hitting it. We fell down along with the building, onto the ground.

I sat up and began looking for Rena, but she was nowhere in sight. "Rena! Where are you?" I called out. "Viperion can you hear me?"

I frantically looked around trying to find either Viperion or Rena but I couldn't see either of them with the dust that had entered the air.

"Carapace? Are you there?" I heard Viperion shout back. Okay at least one person was ok but where was Rena.

"Can you see Rena?" I asked as I made my way over to where Viperion was.

"No but I'm pretty sure I saw something running away." Viperion dusted his clothes, making himself look presentable.

My eyes widened in realisation. "Rena." I whispered. I looked at the scene before looking at Viperion again.

"That must've been Rena, we have to go after her!" I shouted as I began running from the scene. I could see Rena running from a distance and repeatedly shouted out her name but she didn't hear me.

What was she thinking?

She could get herself killed walking out here when we are in a serious battle. There are 3 villains clearly wanting to see our death.

We managed to catch up to Rena but we got there a moment too late. I saw her trying to fight Static but before I could come to help, Static laughed an explosive beam in front of Rena making her fly forcefully backwards and hit the ground.

"RENA!" I shouted. The rage I felt was unexplainable. Static was taking it way too far. She burst into laughter before taking Chat Noir and ladybug away.

I ran straight toward Rena and kneeled beside her. "Rena? Can you hear me?" I asked frantically, waiting for a response. "Rena?"

There was nothing. No response at all.

Viperion walked over to me. "She's unconscious." I sighed as I stood up. "Ladybug and Chat Noir are down and now Rena is as well."

"There is no way we can win this battle with just the two of us. It's impossible." Viperion sighed as he took in the surroundings.

"What should we do?" I asked him.

"We should go and hide somewhere. Standing here is definitely not safe. Those Villains can appear from no where and we can't have that." Viperion frowned as he glanced down at Rena.

"Okay let's go." I carefully picked Rena up and followed Viperion to find a place to hide. We found a building close to where we were and decided to hideout there for a while.

I carefully placed Rena down and found some ice to put behind her heat to minimise the swelling.

"Okay so somehow we need to find Ladybug and Chat Noir and fast. They could take their miraculous anytime soon and we can't let that happen." Viperion paced up and down the room.