52 | Restricted

Chapter 52 - Restricted

Adrien's POV:

After de-transforming and getting back into the hospital bed, one of the nurses came in.

"Hello Adrien, as you know you will be getting discharged soon. Your father is on his way. Once he arrives to finish the paperwork, then you'll be ok your way home." She smiled.

Home.

That's not what I would call the mansion.

"Thank you so much for looking after me these past few days." I smiled politely.

"It was a pleasure. I'm glad you are all rested and recovered. You needed that rest since you have a busy schedule to attend to once you get back."

Great.

I forgot all about my responsibilities back at the mansion. The modelling shoots, Chinese lessons, piano lessons. Everything.

Being here was my moment to relax, to forget all the responsibilities I had and to simply just rest.

And now I'm going back to my same old repetitive lifestyle.

I was quite disappointed, this was my time to rest and now I have to go back. I was finally in control of myself. I didn't have to think about my father. I was under the care of the nurses, not him.

I sat on the bed and patiently waited for Nathalie to come and collect me. I knew she would be coming soon so I was trying to enjoy my freedom as much as possible.

As I was watching the TV, there was a knock on the door. The next thing I knew, Nathalie entered with a Nurse.

Of course my Father couldn't come in.

"Hello Adrien. How are you feeling?" Nathalie asked politely.

"I guess I feel alright. Way better than a couple days ago." I smiled slightly at her.

"That's good to hear. Are you ready to go home?"

Home.

The mansion was not my home. It never felt like home.

It will probably never be.

"Yeah." I awkwardly smiled at her.

"It's been a pleasure to help you, Adrien. I hope you'll be all happy and healthy soon. Keep resting and take it easy for the next few days." The Nurse smiled at me. She then turned to Nathalie. "Monitor him, trauma from bad attacks like that can affect young people mentally."

"Yes Ma'am, and thank you for your service." Nathalie slightly nodded her head at the nurse. She then turned to me. "Let's go, Adrien. Your father is waiting in the car."

"Okay." I smiled at the nurse one last time and followed Nathalie. As we began walking down the corridor, I looked at Marinette's room door and slightly sighed before continuing to follow Nathalie.

As I was walking out of the hospital, I received some stares from fans and other people. I turned my attention away from them and turned to Nathalie.

Father was in the car so that meant he had something to say. He was most likely going to tell me that he was going to lock me in the house because its 'not safe'

I got into the car and sat in the back seat next to my father. He was facing forward, not looking at me. He had his usual cold expression on his face.

I glanced at him but then turned my attention to the window as we began to drive away.

The only thing I could think about was my freedom leaving me and reality creeping back.

"Adrien." Father spoke.