18 | Power in friendship

Chapter 18 - Power in friendship

Adrien's POV

I couldn't fall asleep.

I was too busy thinking about some blue eyes. Not Ladybugs but Marinette's.

In the space of a couple hours, Marinette has been able to enter into my mind and be the only thing I was thinking about.

I couldn't escape from her.

There was just something about her which was drawing me in. Something about her is just so welcoming.

Even as Chat Noir, I have the burning desire to find out more about Marinette. Especially after today's event.

It only made me curious.

Maybe there was something else going on. Something bigger going on. And maybe she's hiding it from everyone.

I sighed as I began making my way to the window. Something in me was just telling me to go out into the city. It was as if I was getting a gut feeling that someone out there needed my help.

And if there is one thing I have learnt, it's to always trust your gut.

I know for a fact Plagg isn't going to be very pleased with me but I'm Chat Noir, I have to sacrifice things for the safety of the city.

I grabbed some Camembert from my bag before walking back to Plagg's Side of the bed. "Plagg, wake up." I quietly and softly spoke. I waited a few seconds before speaking up again. "Mr Camembert lover, your favourite cheese is waiting here for you."

I knew that Plagg could hear every word I was saying as he was having a hard time trying not to laugh. "I don't want to have to get rid of it." I smirked.

Plagg still continued to pretend sleeping. "Alright I'll just go put this in the bin then." I started walking towards the bin when I saw Plagg quickly fly over to me and aggressively take the Camembert out of my hands before going back to his place in the bed.

I chuckled at the kwami. "Come one little boy, someone out there needs our help."

"You owe me for this Adrien. I was just about to marry the love of my life." Plagg frowned.

I rolled my eyes at the kwami. "Just cause you couldn't sleep doesn't mean I have to suffer as well." Plagg huffed in irritation.

"Just eat the cheese then we can go." I shook my head.

Plagg decided to deliberately eat slowly so I cut his eating time short by calling out the transformation words.

Im Probably gonna get scolded by Plagg later but I had to do, what I had to do.

Chat Noir's POV

Once I had transformed, I immediately jumped out of the window and flew into the heart of Paris.

I knew someone needed my help but I didn't know who. So unfortunately I had to check every single street of Paris or just wait for a sign.

I jumped from house to house, and street to street but I couldn't find anyone who needed me. Most of the city were fast asleep.

All of a sudden my mind was drawn back to Marinette.

I tried to shake away the thoughts of her but I had a feeling that she needed me. So I found myself making my way towards a certain balcony.

And I saw her. Standing there with red, puffy but glossy eyes. Her cheeks were tear stained and she looked deep in thought.

She was in her Pyjamas but they were short sleeved. It was a quite cold night so there was no doubt that her body would've been cold by now.