24 | The truth

Chapter 24 - The truth

Chat Noirs POV

Marinette made us stop at a small bridge. The moon was shining bright and the stars twinkled happily in the sky.

You could see their reflection in the river.

For the past couple of days, my mind has just been dwelling upon Marinette. I would find myself thinking about her, wondering what she is doing and if she is okay.

I wanted to be near her. To be with her.

I want her to trust me.

I want to make her happy and to feel as if she can tell me anything. I wanted her to feel safe whenever she was me.

Being with her makes me feel good. Seeing how I've been able to comfort her and be there for her makes me feel good.

Marinette began walking away from the bridge and onto the street so I followed her. "I really don't know how to explain what's going on or what I'm going through because I don't even know what's going on myself." She muttered, her eyes looking everywhere but me.

"School today just wasn't good at all." She continued.

I must admit she did look a lot more miserable at school even with the sunglasses on.

"Whenever I'm tired, I usually get moody but I don't know what happened today. It was as if teachers were on my case more than usual causing something in me to respond." She frowned at the memory of her school day.

"I'm usually a good student but today it was as if something in me was causing me to speak back and although the things I said weren't bad to me at least, they aren't things I would usually say to a teacher." She suddenly stopped walking.

"I got sent out twice Chat. Not once but Twice. The first time I got sent it I must admit I was kinda irritated but the second time, I was relieved. I had a really bad headache at that time and really didn't want to talk to anyone but that teacher kept pushing my buttons." She rolled her eyes.

I must say the way she rolls her eyes is just so satisfying. She does it so smoothly.

"She had the audacity to call me a fool? Okay technically she compared me to one but that doesn't make it any better. That really irritated me." She scoffed. She was very visibly annoyed. And I needed to calm her down before she punched someone.

i.e. me.

I frowned and held Marinette's hand before squeezing it slightly. "Don't listen to that teacher, she's just uttering nonsense. You are not a fool, you're amazing, smart, kind and very beautiful. And cute. Especially when your mad."

"Chat!"

"Ok ok I'm sorry although it is true." I snickered causing her to glare at me. "But in all realness, don't listen to her. You are much more than that Mari."

She sighed, "I know but it really annoyed me."

I know it did Marinette. I know.

I took out my staff and let go of her hand and held onto her waist, "hold on my lady." I wiggled my brows.

"Yeah don't do that to your eyebrows ever again." She raised her brow, causing me to chuckle.

I used the staff to help lift us off the ground and go somewhere else. I took us to a rooftop with a view of the Eiffel Tower and sat at the edge of the roof.

"What time is it?" Marinette asked.

I opened my cat phone on my staff. "Just after 12:30am." I replied.