30 | No More Denial

Chapter 30 - No More Denial

Marinette's POV

As soon as I left Chat Noir, I immediately flew straight back to Adrien's mansion.

I needed to get there before Chat after all.

As soon as I made it back through the window, I went straight back into the bed. The very comfortable bed should I add.

Does Adrien not struggle to get out of bed in the morning?

If I had a soft bed like this, I would not leave it.

I was extremely exhausted by now. I had absolutely no sleep, and my body was struck twice by that weakening thing.

If I was not protected by the miraculous then I could've ended up in the hospital because of Static.

She may have not done much physical fighting but the power she's been given is dangerous. And dangerously similar to Electra-girl's

I knew chat was going to arrive soon, so I made myself comfortable then closed my eyes. I might as well play the part a little and just see what happens.

But before I knew it, I found myself drifting off to sleep instead.

The next time I woke up, I found that I was in my room. Back in my beloved bed. But I wasn't alone.

My favourite little cat was asleep right next to me, his hands intertwined with mine. He was snoring softly but he wasn't covered by any blankets.

I used my free hand to carefully cover him with my duvet.

I didn't want him to get cold.

I took some time to take in his current state. He looked so peaceful as he slept.

I know I shouldn't be staring at him whilst he's asleep but it's hard not to when I'm directly facing him.

He looked very cute. His face was relaxed, none of his muscles were tense. His golden blonde hair was practically glowing. It looked so soft and I had the urge to run my hands through it and just play with it.

I closed my eyes and took a moment to think to myself.

How and why have I neglected Chat for so long?

I've been so focused on Adrien that I haven't paid attention to this beautiful boy infront of me.

His golden blonde hair, extremely clear skin, his tall and muscular frame, his flirtatious personality, his charm but friendship qualities, his loyalty and those silly puns of his.

There are so many good things about Chat. So many good traits about him. Yet I've been restricting myself to Adrien.

Was it time to let Adrien go?

Should I be open to new opportunities?

But maybe Chat doesn't want it. I can't pressure him into doing anything.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, I heard Chat stirring in his sleep. I opened my eyes a little and saw that he was waking up.

He was probably still waiting for me to wake up. I had kept him waiting for a while so it was probably time to stop the act.

I waited a bit for his eyes to open a bit more before stirring a little and opening my eyes more.

"Marinette..?" Chat Noir called my name in a sleepy voice.

Gosh his sleepy voice is so cute.

"You're finally awake." A small smile creeped into his lips. "I was getting worried about you."