8 | Endless thoughts

Chapter 8 - Endless thoughts

Marinette's POV

I woke up early the next morning, replaying the events that happened yesterday in my head. I always knew that Chat Noir was a good partner and I loved his company but I didn't realise how effective his company really was.

I got my diary and began jotting down my feelings and thoughts.

I couldn't stop thinking about the hug.

It was probably the best hug I'd ever received from someone other than my parents.

He allowed me to hug him and he hugged me back. He held me tightly in his arms indicating he wasn't going to let go until I was ready. He was patient with me and was very supportive.

Has he always been this supportive?

As Ladybug I haven't fully been able to experience his soft and supportive side.

Mainly because I don't allow him to. But also because I rarely show my points of weakness. I just don't like being vulnerable. I don't want to get taken advantage of like how Chloe picks on me.

As Ladybug I have to be strong, I have to train my mindset to fully concentrate in helping the city. Not focusing on my love life or friend life.

Of course I value every singe one of my friends and their feelings but when I'm Ladybug sometimes I have to put their feelings on the side for their own sake.

After writing down my notes in my diary, I put it in its secret space and prepared my things for school. I put my homework sheets in a neat pile on my table and placed my other important things next to it.

As I was preparing my school things, Tikki woke up and flew over to me. "Good morning Marinette," she yawned , "You actually woke up on time for once." she rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the light.

I smiled at Tikki's tired face before taking her in my hands. "I know, it's so unusual. Last night is messing with my sleep now." I shrugged as I carefully put Tikki down on my desk table.

"On the bright side, you have enough time to eat breakfast and actually get ready for school." Tikki smiled warmly.

"That is true I guess." I agreed. I began looking through my wardrobe for an outfit. I decided to wear light blue wide leg jeans with a white and light blue cropped knitted sweater vest.

I took out my white platform converse and my white and blue tote bag and placed everything on my chair before going to have a shower.

After finishing my shower and doing my morning routine, I changed into my clothes and packed my school things in my bag. I put my bag on my shoulder and carefully placed Tikki inside so that no one could see her.

I plopped down the stairs and into the kitchen. No one was in the room so I was guessing they were baking in the bakery.

I took out the cereals and put some in a bowl before pouring some milk. I got myself a spoon then sat at the table and eating.

My mind drifted back to yesterdays events.

I don't know why it affected me so much but I couldn't stop thinking about it. No matter how many times I tried to stop thinking about it, I just couldn't stop.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mother coming up to the kitchen.

"Oh Marinette. I didn't see you, Good morning." She smiled as she walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Morning mama." I smiled as I hugged her back.

"You're early for once, I was about to go to your room to wake you up but looks like I don't need to." She laughed playfully. "We've baked some food for school, you can get it on your way out, okay?"

"Thank you Mama," I smiled. I quickly finished my cereals then placed it in the sink before going back to my room.

I took my phone off the charger and scrolled through my social medias before putting my phone in my bag.

Once I was completely ready, I went down to the bakery to say hello to my father and collect the pastries they had prepared for me.

I managed to take some food for Tikki and gave her a cookie once I was outside the bakery. I then head off to school.

_________

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. In the next chapter it will be in Adrien's POV.  Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Have a good day and see you in the next one.

- Miss Miah

Word count - 780 words

Edited