42 | Unfortunate Events

Chapter 42 - Unfortunate Events

Ladybug's POV

The city had suddenly become quiet. Except for the ridiculous lightening which was really getting on my nerves.

As I waited for the rest of the team to arrive at our meetup point, I took the time to take in the city. Many destroyed buildings, tree's set ablaze. My city was destroyed.

Chat Noir, Rena Rouge and Carapace soon arrived taking me out of my thoughts.

"Okay we don't know what those villains are up to but whilst it's quiet we should form a plan. Any ideas?" I looked around the group, but no one uttered a word.

How helpful.

I took a moment to think before breaking the silence. "Viperion, for this one I need you not to fight. No matter how bad it gets. If we fail, we need you to use your second chance. You will be the only one who can tell us how we need to do certain things and if we need to change any of our tactics." I furrowed my brows subconsciously.

"The rest of us are going to be the fighters so I suggest we get all the energy we need. Rena and Carapace, can you do us a favour by collecting as many foods, drinks, snacks and all that stuff? Even any first kit equipment if you find any. Chat, Viperion and I will try find somewhere we can go in case we need to retreat."

"Got it Ladybug." Rena Nodded.

"Try be as quick as you can to avoid the villains." And with that they set off into the now destroyed city.

"Any ideas of places to hide?" I asked the two boys.

"Not really." Chat shrugged but hissed in pain.

"Chat? Are you okay." I asked before realising he had previously hurt his arm.

"Static tripped me up and I cut my arm, it's no Biggy though. I'll be fine." He fake smiled.

Although I know he is hurt, he only told Marinette. Not Ladybug. Meaning I have to pretend as if I don't know.

"Are you sure?" I asked questioningly.

The last thing we need is Chat being brutally hurt or even any of the heroes. We all need to be in good health and conditions for this battle.

But I also wouldn't forgive myself if I let Chat get baldy injured.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Let's go find somewhere to retreat." He began making his way back into the city and began scanning around looking for somewhere to go, Viperion and I following behind him.

It was now 7pm and the sun was getting lower and lower. We had less than an hour until the sun set. Since most of the city has been either damaged or destroyed, the city lights won't work meaning we won't be able to locate the villains properly.

Well Chat Noir will be able to but the rest of us... not so much.

We went around the streets looking for somewhere suitable for us to stay temporarily. Fortunately, we came across a building which was damaged at the front, but the back was still intact. We could squeeze a living space in there.

I went into the building first to inspect it. It appeared to be some sort of apartment. It was furnished but looked like no one was living in it. Everything seemed fairly new.

Must be one of the new apartments that were going on sale.

Too bad they've been damaged. I'm sure the whole building would've looked good.

"Opinions?" I glanced to the two boys, watching them take in the surroundings.

"It will do." Viperion shrugged.