Chapter 11 - Lucifer

"Sir, calm down. I didn't thi—", I cut my detective off.

"Who do you think you are telling me to calm down?!" I screamed at him, punching at my desk.

"Mr. Steel, please just take a breather. I will fix this for you if you just give me some ti—"

"If you hadn't called him in the first place you wouldn't have to fix anything! I moved here for a reason, Walter! To get away from him!" I raised my voice louder in anger.

"He's your father, you can't keep avoiding him. He wanted to talk with you, just hear him out for once in your life." he replied, trying to stay as calm as he could.

"If I didn't hear him out the first time, what makes you think I want to hear him out now? Because he's dying and I suddenly have to care?" I asked sarcastically.

"He won't be in your life much longer, Lucifer. You need to try and talk with him. He's giving you his mafia after his death."

"It's not by choice, Walter. I was his second in command, no one else is available to take the mafia over after his passing."

He let out an aggressive sigh, "Your brother is. He could have easily given it to him instead of you but he didn't, did he? Show some respect to the man who is putting the entire risk of your family in your hands."

I picked up a vase, ready to throw it at him. But before I could, a knock was heard on the office door. I thought it was Oliver but after hearing the second knock, I second guessed myself.

"You're fucking lucky this time." I said as I walked around my desk and shoved Walter aside to open the door.

I was greeted by a worried looking beauty, Ella. I softened every muscle in my body when I saw her, I didn't want to scare her off.

"Is everything okay? I heard screaming." she asked, looking at me with concern in her eyes.

I calmed myself down before speaking to her, "Yes, Ella. Everything is okay in here, I just got a bit troubled by something." I answered.

"Ah, so you're Ella, hm?" Walter asked, standing behind me to look at her from a distance.

She tilted her head and looked behind me at Walter, "Yes, I am. And you are?"

"I'm Walter, Mr. Steel's de—", I cut him off before he could finish.

"Friend. He's my friend." I answered for him, "Not a very good one."

I didn't want him telling her he was a detective, my personal detective to be exact. She's start asking questions about it, maybe even find out that is how I was able to find her.

"I think it's time you leave now, Walter." I said while turning around to face him, giving him a threatening look.

"Pleasure to see you again, friend. I will be leaving now, have a good day both of you." he said as we shook hands, leaving soon after.

I went back to my desk and sat down on my chair, letting out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. I looked up to see Ella still standing at the doorway, I thought she had left already but apparently not.

"Did you need something, Ella?" I asked, keeping my eyes locked onto her.

"Huh?" she said as she looked up at me. "Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something, I don't need anything. I'll go now." she responded, keeping her head low once again.

"Come here." I demanded, gesturing her over with my finger.

"What?"

"I don't like to repeat myself, you heard me already." I said coldly.