Chapter 56 - Lucifer

- 3 days later -

"Lucifer, put him down!" Oliver screamed at me, grabbing my wrist to pry them away.

"You're a fucking detective, you should have found her by now! What is taking you so fucking long, Walter?!" I shouted, ignoring Oliver.

"I can't track the location, it's saying that the place doesn't exist!" he shouted back.

I let go of his suit and dropped him down on the floor, taking a step back. I ran my hands through my hair and let out a deep sigh, full of stress and anger. Oliver helped Walter up to his feet, making sure he was okay.

I've been trying for days to find Ella, searching as many places as I can, torturing people for answers, am I still got nowhere. I had to sit and watch as Ella kept getting hurt, they never stopped sending me more and new videos of them practically killing her slowly.

I couldn't stand to hear her sobbing while crying for help, she looked so helpless. She was hurt, her body all bruised up with some blood dried on her skin. Her eyes were dark and droopy, she had no energy left in her to even stand up or blink.

She was dying, and it's all my fault.

"You're fucking useless, try harder to find the location. Start with the license plate again and go from there, check every single place that you can that you know Grayson owns, understand?"

"I will get right on that, Sir." Walter said before leaving my office with his stuff in his hand.

Oliver shut the door as he left, looking back over at me, "Lucifer, he's trying his best."

"He's not trying hard enough then."

"Yes, he is. We all are, him, your men, even you. I know how badly you want to find her, and we will. It's just taking us a bit longer than expected."

"She's dying in the process of us taking our sweet time, Oliver! We've done everything and still have gotten nowhere, my men have been sent to every known location of Grayson's and still found nothing."

He slowly walked over to me, "We will find her, she's going to be saved. Just please, stop taking your anger out on the people that are trying to help you just this once."

I sighed, looking down at him, "I never thought a girl would do this much to me, I've changed."

"I like the change, you're not as cold as you were before. It's nice to see how much you care for someone like her, it's nice to see you love in general."

I paused for a second, "Oliver, do you think of me as a brother?"

He smiled, "Of course I do, always."

"Do you think I love you enough like a brother?" I asked.

"Yes, why are you asking me these questions?" he asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"No reason, I was just curious." I replied, looking away from him and back at my desk, "We should probably continue the search."

"Yeah, we should." he said lowly, turning back around and heading for the door, "I'll tell you if we find anything, Sir."

I watched him as he made his way over to the door but paused, turning back to me, "I think I just got an idea."

"Idea? What idea did you get?" I asked as he walked back to me.

"He's making these videos where they must be staying, what if we just track the videos instead of everything else? I think that might give us a location faster."

"That's a great idea, I'm surprised Walter didn't think about that. I might need to get a new detective soon."

"Yeah, probably. So, do you mind if I see those videos really quick?" he asked.