Chapter 43 - Lucifer

- 1 week later -

"Amore, you have to let go of me now."

Ella gripped harder onto my suit, trying to drag me back into the mansion, "I don't want you to go!"

"This is important business for me, I have to attend." I said in a calm tone of voice.

"Then take me with you!" she whined out.

"No, we've been over this already. You can't come with me to anything work related, this is for your own safety, you know that."

"I like the danger of it." she pouted.

I sighed, grabbing her arm and pulling it off of me. She kept trying to grab me but I got hold of both of her wrist, making her unable to move.

"Piccola, please. I'm just trying to protect you. If you behave yourself while I'm gone, I'll give you a special treat of your choice."

She looked at me with a grin, "Does it have to be a certain type of treat?"

I chuckled at her words, "It can be anything from food to sex. It's all your choice, amore."

She stopped fighting me back and let her arms fall as I let go of her. She walked closer to me and gave me a kiss before I left, I kissed her back with the same passion she had.

I broke the kiss and looked at her, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, "Go back inside so you don't catch a cold. I'll be back in a few hours, don't burn the house down please."

"Can't make a promise on that one." she giggled, "I love you, dickhead."

"I love you too, amore."

I waited for her to go inside before I turned around and walked down the steps, making my way to the car that was waiting for me.

I opened the car door and sat down in the passenger seat, "Good afternoon, Harrison."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Steel." he replied with a smile.

As soon as I closed my car door, he started driving. We were both heading over to my warehouse for a special meeting I had prepared for.

Harrison had said that he wanted to return the favor for me taking him back into the mafia, and I needed a new driver so I gave that job to him.

It was risky taking him back after he had been with Grayson for so long but he didn't have a choice then, he was forced into joining that mafia. He didn't like Grayson as much as I did, I was glad to have him back here with us.

"What exactly is this meeting about and why is it at the warehouse? I thought you only took the people you were going to kill into that place." he asked.

"It is." I flatly said.

"Are we killing someone?"

"More than one. We're killing 2 people today, Mr. and Ms. Fields."

"Wait, his wife? What did she do?"

I turned over to him, watching as he kept driving, "You haven't changed one bit. Still the same old curious Harrison I met years ago."

"Yeah, I guess so." he said with a chuckle, keeping his eyes on the road.

"To answer your question though, she didn't really do anything. She just knows to much, I'm not risking anything more with them both. Mr. Fields gave me information, but it's not enough for me."

"Okay, that's fair."

The rest of the car ride was silent since I didn't like conversations that weren't needed to be discussed and Harrison was to busy driving. I had no interest in keeping him updated with anything either, I don't trust him too much yet.