Chapter 62 - Ella

"As soon as you reach the highway, just know I'm jumping out this car and killing myself."

Holly laughed, "I thought you were excited about this?"

"I am but I'm still nervous." I replied.

Today was a little wedding shopping day, mostly for our dresses. Lucifer already had his suit for it, I've been very hesitant on getting my dress for some reason.

Holly wanted to take me so he let me go with her since he had some work to take care of over at one of the warehouses, hopefully this shopping doesn't go overboard.

Me and Lucifer had a great night yesterday, it was the only thing on my mind the entire car ride. He praised everything I did, gave me so much pleasure all in one night. I will never get tired of things like that with him.

'I can't believe I'm actually going to marry him soon.'

"Ellaaaa? Earth to Ella!" Holly slightly shouted, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

I jumped up, turning my head to her, "Huh, are we here already?"

"No, I was asking you a question— are you even paying attention?"

"I am, I am. It's just.. there's a lot on my mind and I keep spacing out, I'm sorry." I apologized, running my hand through my hair to fix it up a bit.

"You're good, girly. I understand, this is going to be a big change for you after all. But hey, it's a pretty damn good change, you found love."

I smiled at the thoughts of our first interaction. Sure, it felt a bit stalker-ish. But if he hadn't followed me, we wouldn't have found each other. He was cold hearted, but I created a soft spot in him for me. I fucking love him.

"Yeah, I did. What was your question by the way?" I asked, taking a small mirror out my bag and opening it to see if I looked okay.

She hesitated before speaking, "I hope this doesn't make you uncomfortable or anything, I'm just curious. Do you plan on having a family with him?"

I paused, taking in her question. Family? I haven't thought about that, I wasn't sure if he even wanted kids. I don't think I would want kids yet, especially with all the danger we've been put in countless times.

I started imagining how our life would be like with a kid in our life, how much Lucifer would probably spoil the little one. It was heartwarming for me to think about, but I still didn't think we were ready for kids.

"I'm not sure, we never talked about making a family of our own yet. I'm not even ready for kids, so I doubt he would be ready for one." I answered.

"I'm sorry if that was an odd question." she apologized, keeping her eyes on the road.

"It wasn't, don't worry. I just never thought about having a kid with him."

"Wellll, maybe it's time to you know.. start thinking about it." she said, trying not to make eye contact with me.

"Just focus on driving before I actually jump out the car." I sarcastically said, trying to laugh it off.

She chucked and continued driving, turning up the volume on the radio that was playing. I wasn't a big fan of her music taste but I didn't care at this point, it's better then sitting in awkward silence after that.

A few minutes later, the torture was finally over. We arrived at the place she wanted to try the dresses from, she knew the owner which was making this whole trip less expensive than I thought it would probably be.

Lucifer gave me his card and told me to buy whatever made me happy, god he's good at spoiling me sometimes even when I hated it.

We both got our stuff and jumped out the car, walking into the brightly-lit building. The display dresses were absolutely gorgeous, the rest of them were as well. This all felt so fake to me, I've never seen things like these.