Chapter 63 - Lucifer

"Is that all you have?" I asked the man tied to the chair.

"Y-yes, that's everything you asked for! I made sure I counted before—"

The sound of a gunshot echoed across the room, I really didn't care what else he had to say. He grunted in pain and closed his eyes. Sure I said I would show him mercy if he gave me what I wanted, but I'm not that nice.

Work was tiring, not much except killing people, just the normal days. It was a fun way to make money though, I have no regrets for what I do to get it. I didn't need any more money but this was a thrill for me.

I saw that he was still breathing, so I took out my pocket knife and walked over to him. I gestured one of my men to hold his head up for me and he did just that, standing behind him and grabbing him by the hair.

Hearing him struggle to breathe was a pleasure to me, the thought of killing people was just so comforting to me. I had gotten so use to it now that it just never felt wrong, it was always my first choice in any situation.

I pressed the knife against his throat and slit it open, watching all the blood gush out from his neck. I stepped away in hopes it didn't stain my suit and sure enough, nothing got on me. The guy let go of his head and also stepped away.

"Oliver, get someone to clean this up and follow me."

"On it, Sir." he replied, pointing at two of my men to clean up the mess. They walked off to get the cleaning supplies while Oliver followed me.

I stopped at the other half of the room placed all the money down on the table, looking through it.

"Count this for me. If even a dollar is missing, let me know so I can go for his wife next, got it?"

"Got it, I'll get to counting for you."

I gave him a small not and walked away, leaving him to count the money on his own. I walked over to a corner and sat down in the chair that was placed there. I pulled my phone out my pocket and grunted slightly in aggravation.

Ella hadn't answered any text I had sent to her. I told her to text me at least once while she was gone but she hadn't texted me at all. I just wanted to make sure she was safe, I couldn't risk having her get hurt again.

I just assumed that she was having a good time, maybe not getting the chance to reply to the messages. She had got wedding day shopping with her friend, I doubt she would want to ruin that moment because of me. Either way, I didn't care. She knows that I only do these for her safety.

I decided to give her a call instead of another text so I can see if she's just ignoring me or if she genuinely didn't see anything I sent her.

I waited patiently, hearing the ringing of the phone. After a few seconds of that annoying buzzing, it went to voice mail. I sighed and tried again, hoping she would at least tell me she was okay.

The ringing stopped, "Hello?"

"Amore, why haven't you answered me?" I asked, relieved that she was at least okay.

She didn't say anything, just a long pause. I called out to her again, but she still didn't answer, I could hear background noise but not her voice.

"Ella, say something." I said in a commanding tone.

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry.. did I make you mad?" she asked.

Usually when I say her name, it means I was mad or she was disobeying me too much. I wasn't mad at her now, I just needed to get her attention and that was the only way I knew would work.

"I'm not mad, I just wanted to know why you weren't answering any of my text. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I've just been so caught up with everything today. It's been fun though, I got my dress and now we're at a café." she responded, her voice sounding a bit shaky.