Chapter 35 - Lucifer

I've been struggling to finish all of this work for the past 4 hours now. So much had been running through my head but I didn't know why, I was usually never like this.

I had already taken a small lunch break, I couldn't just take another. I knew better than to overwork myself but this all needed to be done, I needed to know more about what Nicolas had planned.

The risk of someone getting hurt if I didn't handle this soon was stuck with me. I didn't want my brother dead, anyone else in the family would be okay, just not Oliver. They lived long enough anyways, what more is there to see?

A knock rang through the office as the door opened, "Hey, just checking in on you." Oliver said with a cup in his hand.

"Thank you but I'm fine, don't distract me more than I already am."

He sighed, "You know, you could really use another break for yourself. I can take care of the rest that you have left." he calmly said, placing the cup down beside me.

"Oliver, please. You have your own job to do, why not help out the maid for a while or something?" I asked, praying he would get out soon.

"Already done, she's on her break for the day. And the chef already got the ingredients he needs to start dinner later, looks like I have some break time myself." he answered, sitting down on the chair in front of my desk.

"Alright, well then. Can you call up Mr. Flint for me and ask if he could schedule a meeting with me again?"

"Sure thing! Also, where's Ella?"

I put my focus back at my computer, seeing that I had gotten a response from someone I emailed, "She's at the mall, I didn't want her to be bored."

"She should probably come back home soon, it might storm in about an hour from now."

"I'll text her then, you go ahead and call up Mr. Flint."

I picked up my phone and texted Ella to come back home, also texting my driver to go ahead and pick her up. Oliver was on the phone, attempting to schedule the meeting I needed.

"Alright, thank you.", he said before hanging up the phone, "He said to text him any details about your meeting with him."

"Will do then." I flatly responded.

I answered the email I had gotten and continued looking at some of the files I had received from some other mafia members. Oliver was helping me out with the files, sorting them out and giving me small details on things.

We had another guy to get, he's been keeping some things hidden and we were demanding to know what they were. He use to work for Grayson, surely he must know more than any of us.

His phone buzzed on the desk. He picked it up and looked at it, his eyes full of confusion and concern. He seemed to be examining something on the screen, but what?

"Uh, Lucifer?"

"Hm?"

"Is this our car— well, your drivers car?" he asked, facing the phone near me.

He had gotten a message from one of our mafia acquaintance, asking if this car was ours. He sent a photo, showing that the car was abandoned in the middle of nowhere.

"Yes, that is ours. What happened to my driver, why isn't he in there?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I'll ask him if he knows what happened."

Oliver asked him if he knew where he might have gone but he had no clue, that was odd. He then asked to send us the location so we could go and look for it ourselves.