Chapter 53 - Ella

Standing in front of me was a woman with long and beautiful black hair that had been freshly curled, a tight black dress with a jacket over her shoulders. Her make-up was flawlessly done and her eyes were just like mine.

"Oh my baby, how have you been?" my mother asked me, sitting down in her chair while staring closely at my face.

I smiled nervously at her, knowing that I have almost never spoken to her just made it a bit awkward to say anything more than, "I've been fine, what about you?"

"I've been doing well, thank you. I'm guessing your her friend, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said, looking over at Lucifer with her hand stretched out

"Actually, I'm her fiancé." he corrected, shaking her hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, miss."

"Wow, my baby really is all grown up, you've picked up such a fine gentleman too. So, what's been going on in your life? How was collage and everything?" she asked.

"I didn't attend collage, but everything's still going pretty we—"

"Pause, you didn't attend college?" she asked me in a somewhat angry tone of voice.

I looked over at Lucifer with a bit of fear, thinking she would hate me already. He gave me a look at just said 'don't worry, it's going to be okay' which made me less panicked about answering her question.

"No, but I'm still living a stable life." I answered.

She scoffed, "I can't believe that, how could you be living a stable life without going to college? Do you even have a job, where is your money coming from then to afford an outfit like that?"

"Ma'am," Lucifer jumped in, "Not everyone goes to collage to live a stable life. Your daughter has worked hard to get to where she is now, you shouldn't get mad at her for living her own life."

'I so want to fuck you right now just for that.'

"I'm just trying to understand why she wouldn't even try going, are you just to stupid for college, Ella?" she slightly shouted.

"Mother, please calm down. You just got here and you're already starting something in public, can't we just talk about that some other time, please?" I practically begged her.

"Fine, I don't feel like getting to worked up right now anyways." she answered, taking a sip of her water, "So, Lucifer was it?"

"Yes ma'am." he nodded.

"How did you meet my daughter?"

He gave me a small glance before answering, "I saw her while she was working and we just started talking from there."

He left out our actual first interaction which was honestly for the better, it was a bit odd on how we first met so I'm glad he didn't bring that up in front of her or she might have just thrown a fit for no reason.

"Would have guessed a strip club but I'm glad to know she actually has a job."

"Had." I corrected, "I quit."

"Of course you did." she said under her breath.

We all silently sat that, awkwardly. The waitress finally came back and asked to take our orders. I didn't feel like giving my mother another reason to judge me so I just ordered a salad while they both ordered pasta.

"Amore, are you sure that's what you want?" Lucifer asked me as the waitress left to go put in the order.

"I'm sure." I lied, looking down at my lap.

"Good choice, you could use it. Honestly, could you not lose a few pounds or pick a better outfit to wear?" my mother commented rudely.

I was at the verge of tears at this point, squeezing the hem of my dress so that I didn't jump up and punch her. Lucifer placed his hand on my thigh to calm me a bit, looking back over at my mother.