Chapter 29 - Ella

I waited patiently for Lucifer and his guest to come back inside, eating the snack Oliver had given me.

My legs had completely just given out, I was low on energy still no matter how long I slept or sat. Lucifer really had the hands of a god, not just from what they can do but from their looks too.

The sound of the door opening rang throughout the mansion, I assumed they were back. Footsteps approached the room, I could already tell it was Lucifer.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, walking closer to the couch I sat on.

"I'm feeling okay, where is your guest?"

"He should turn up in about 5 seconds," he answered, placing his hands on my shoulders and massaging them, "That gives me enough time to feel you."

He ran his hands around my neck, down to my chest. A kiss was placed on my forehead before we were interrupted by the sound of a cough.

I looked over to see Nicolas standing by the living room entrance, "Hey, Ella!"

"Big shock seeing you here, Lucifer invited you?"

"It seemed so," he said with a small laugh, "I hope I wasn't disturbing anything here."

Before I could say another word, Lucifer grasped harder on my shoulders, "You can go wait with Oliver in the dining room, brunch will be ready shortly."

"That's great but I need to borrow El—"

"Now." Lucifer said in a commanding tone.

Without further commentary, he left the room entrance. I looked up at Lucifer to see if I can get a reading on his face, no luck with that. He still had that same mysterious look I could never read.

He looked down at me and kissed the tip on my nose before pushing my head back to face in front of me. He walked around the couch and stood in front of me, lending his hand out again.

I took his hand at pushed myself up, having enough strength to balance on my own. We walked over to the table as saw both Oliver and Nicolas there. They were both on opposite ends, I was sure Lucifer was gonna have them moved but no.

Lucifer sat down next to Oliver, leaving the only available seat next to Nicolas. I wasn't complaining, it would be easier like this so we could talk about random shit.

We waited for brunch to come. Lucifer and Oliver were talking about business while me and Nicolas were cackling back and forth. He was a really funny guy, he never failed to make me laugh.

I could feel Lucifer's eyes on is the entire time though, it wasn't unsettling but I sure didn't appreciate that he didn't trust me alone with Nicolas. We weren't like that, we just saw each other as best friends, at least that's how I see him.

The jokes just kept coming, causing me to laugh so hard I could feel tears down my cheeks. Nicolas was also laughing at his own jokes, it was a very funny time.

My laughing stopped once I felt a hand on my thigh, definitely not Lucifer's.

"Ah- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to touch.. there" he whispered.

I looked up at Lucifer, his eyes were still laid down on us, anger flaring in his eyes, "Watch your hands there, Nicolas. It would be a shame if I had to remove them from your body."

"My apologies, Lucifer," he said then turned to me, "Same apology for you, Ella."

"Switch, both of you." Lucifer demanded, pointing his fingers to me and Oliver.

Oliver made his way into the conversation, "It was a simple mistake, Lucifer. Let them ke—"

"It's an order, Oliver. You do as I say, don't question it." he grunted, looking over at me, "That goes for you too, amore. Come on, sit with me."