Chapter 18 - Ella

- 5 days later -

I woke up to the sound of the front door unlocking, odd. I looked over at the clock on my nightstand, 5:30 am, why was Nicolas awake so early?

I jumped out of bed and opened the door, that wasn't who I was expecting too see. It was Holly, why was she here so fucking early in the morning?

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, did I wake you, sweetheart?" she asked, carrying tons of bags and placing them down in the floor.

"No no, it's just.. what are you doing here and what's with all the bags?" I asked, still half asleep.

"Well you never came to pick up the clothes I had for you so I decided to drop them off here, is that okay?"

"Uhh, yeah.. but, how did you get in?"

"Nicolas gave me a key silly, remember?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, right. I remember that." I muttered.

'No, no I don't remember that.'

"Do you mind if we sit and chat for a bit? It's been a while since I last saw you, I was really starting to miss you there!" she happily asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just make yourself comfortable, imma go fix myself up, won't be long." I replied, walking back into my room and closing the door.

I looked at myself in the mirror, damn I looked like shit. I brushed my teeth and brushed out my hair, now I looked a bit better. I was wondering if I should change but there was no point, I had to change for work in a few hours anyway.

I walked back out of my room and saw Holly taking selfies of herself, again. She looked over at me and smiled, sitting down in the couch. "Come, come!"

She patted at the spot next to her on the couch, I walked over and sat down. "So, what do you wanna talk abo—"

"Okay so I got this new job working as a model, can you believe it?!" she gushed.

'Way to rub it in my face.'

"That's great for you, Holly. You really do have the looks and body for a model, it suits you perfectly." I complimented.

"I know, right? I mean, at first I didn't think I was gonna get the job in the modeling industry but here I am! I could get famous from this!" she exclaimed.

'I want to punch you in the face so fucking bad, it hurts.'

"Yeah, you could." I breathed out.

"I'm guessing you're still working as a bartender? How's that paying you, is it good?" she asked.

"You know what, it's actually paying pretty well. It's crazy how much money you can get out of so many low life losers that come in." I chuckled.

"I bet. Well, as long as you're making some kind of money. We all start somewhere, sweetheart!"

'You're so lucky to have pretty privilege.'

"I guess so, anything else you want to rub in my face, Holly?" I sarcastically asked.

"Nope, but I do have something else for you!" she whispered, reaching into her bag and started searching around.

She pulled out a huge stack of money and handed it to me, "For everything you've ever done for me, I'm so grateful to have you as my little bestie."

My jaw dropped, that was a shit ton of money. "Holly.. I can't take that, no way."

She grabbed my wrist and placed the money in my hand, giving me a smile. I tried giving it back to her but she just moved away, there was no way I could accept this, but she wasn't giving me much of a choice.