Chapter 37 - Ella

"Would you shut the fuck up for at least 30 minutes? Jesus Christ." the guard outside my cell said.

"You kidnapped me, you expect me not to fucking yell? Do you think I wanna be here you bitch, huh?" I answered, full of aggravation.

"I don't know what you want, just shut up." he replied.

"Oh, sure. Well since you're Mr. Know It All, I didn't think that would be hard to guess."

He let out a sigh and stood his ground, trying to act unfazed by my annoyance for the past hour or so.

I knew something was odd about that driver. Once he started trying to build up a conversation, something just didn't feel right. I guess he wasn't happy when I called him out on it either.

When we were still in the car, he had pulled over into an unknown location. I remembered him putting a gun to my head, telling me to give him my phone. I didn't feel like dying so I did what he said without hesitation, wishing I had a knife or gun in that moment.

He snatched it from me and took out his phone, tying them together with a piece of rope. It was odd but I was scared to speak.

A few minutes later, another car had pulled up. It was a big car, almost like a limousine or something. They ran up to the car and dragged me out, it took a while since I was trying my best to fight back.

I couldn't even get one of my heels back. That sucked only because it was expensive.

My thoughts were cut off my the sound of footsteps approaching closer to the cell I was locked in.

"Hello there, gorgeous." Grayson said, locking eyes with me as he got closer.

"Shut the fuck up, Grayson." I muttered, backing away from the gate of the cell.

"Relax, I just wanted to check up on you." he said with a grin.

'I will punch that look off your fucking face.'

"If you're not here to free me from this place then I don't wanna hear it, asshole." I replied, crossing my arms.

He chuckled lightly, "You know, when Nicolas told me that you were a really tough girl to talk with, I didn't think he meant it."

I stood silent, staring at him from the other side of my cell.

"Are you hungry, dear?" he asked.

"Don't call me that."

"Is darling better for you then?"

"Stop with the fucking nicknames." I grunted.

"Oh, I don't think so, darling." he replied, chuckling softly afterwards.

I picked up the other heel that I still had and launched it at the cell door where he was standing, obviously not able to hurt him since he was on the other side. It was just out of anger, I needed something to let it out.

"Thank you for that," he said with sarcasm, "Are you hungry or not?"

Quietly, I turned away from him and faced the wall. I heard a sigh come from his mouth, followed up by the sound of keys rustling around. The creaking of the cell door opening made me turn around.

"Come, let's go eat some dinner. I wouldn't want you to eat in here, alone and depressed." he calmly said, grabbing my wrist.

I pulled my arm away from him and backed up until I could almost hit the wall with my back, "Don't touch me."

"I know you're scared and I know you don't trust me—"

"You're right, I don't." I interrupted.

"But," he continued, "I need you alive. So what do you say, hm? One meal won't hurt you, it's gonna help you."