Chapter 58 - Ella

My eyes fluttered open, revealing a bright white light shine on the ceiling of an unfamiliar room. I let out a soft groan as I lifted my arms to rub my eyes, hearing a  repetitive beeping sound coming from beside me.

"Ella, you're finally awake." a voice said, followed by some footsteps.

I moved my hands away from my face and looked up, seeing Harrison looking down at me with a soft smile, "Hey, Harrison."

"Hey, Ella. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Still just a bit tired and in pain but not much, thank you for asking." I answered, smiling back at him, "Where's Lucifer?"

"I'm not sure, he did say that he would be back soon though. He's only been gone for an hour I think he should be back pretty quickly."

"He didn't tell you where he was going at all?"

"He said he was going to get something for you but he didn't tell me what exactly it was or where he was getting it from."

I pouted slightly, wishing he was here right now. I was missing him of course, I hadn't seen him in a few days and I wanted to make up for that time missed.

"How long have you been here?" I asked as Harrison walked over to one of the chairs and sat down.

"I haven't been here for long, probably about five hours or so. Lucifer's been here all night, waiting for you to wake up. He fell asleep on that chair beside you while holding you hand." he replied, pointing at the chair on the other side of the bed.

'That's so fucking sweet of him.'

"I've never seen him like this with any other woman before, you're a special one to him." he continued, "What's your secret?"

"Well if you must know, I fed him a potion when we first met so he would ever so desperately fall head over heels for me. If you couldn't tell, it worked." I joked, making us both chuckle.

"Well it's nice to see you still have your humor—" Harrison started but stopped once we heard the door open.

We both looked over to see Lucifer walking through the door, a bag in his hand. He looked up at me and instantly smiled, "Good morning, amore."

"Good morning, dickhead." I smiled back at him.

He walked over to the chairs and placed the bag down carefully, walking back over to me. He kneeled down and moved the hair out of my face, kissing my forehead lightly. I pulled him closer to me and smashed my lips onto his, holding on to his incredibly soft hair as he kissed me back.

"Alright alright, break it up people." Harrison said while chuckling.

Lucifer pulled back and chuckled while I did the same thing, god how I missed this over those past few torturous days. The happiness in the atmosphere felt so much better then everything I had felt back at Grayson's mansion, hopefully I won't have to feel that again.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

Lucifer stood up straight and walked over to to chair that the bag was placed on. He opened it and pulled out a container with a spoon on top of it, looking back at me, "It's some soup for you, your favorite one."

"Really?!" I exclaimed.

"Really. I texted my chef to make it last night and he did, but I had fallen asleep so I had to reheat it before coming back over here."

He walked over to the chair that he kept on the other side of the bed where he fell asleep. I turned around and watched as he opened the lid to reveal one of my favorites, chicken soup.