Chapter 67 - Lucifer

The pain in my body was unbearable, my vision nearly blurring every second I kept my eyes open. But after shooting Nicolas, I was feeling somewhat better.

I aimed my gun at the people holding Ella and Oliver, shooting them in the heads. Two other men tried shooting at me but I got them first with the strength I had left to even keep my arm up long enough.

They both stared at me with a look on their face. I opened my arms and watched as Ella ran over to me and gave me a huge hug, squeezing me tightly with tears running down her face.

I softly grunted at the pain of her squeezing me, but I didn't care about that. I got my girl and my brother back, that's all that mattered to me.

She tired to pull away as she heard my grunt but I didn't let her, I pushed her closer to my chest and hugged her back. My suit was all ripped up and stained with blood, I couldn't tell if it was mine or someone else's.

I lifted my head over to Oliver, seeing as he was just standing there while looking at Nicolas' lifeless body before bringing his head up to me.

"Lucifer, what.. what happened to you?" he asked as he ran over to us.

"Nothing, I just got in a fight. Are you guys alright?" I asked, still holding on to Ella with relief that both of them were still alive.

"Yeah, we're alright— who did you get in a fight with, who did this to you?"

"Do you guys have guns or anything?" I asked, ignoring his question. I was more focused on getting us to the safe house and I knew people were looking for us here already.

"Ella has a blade, that's all we have. They took our guns when the knocked us out probably. What happened to you, Lucifer?"

"Let's talk about everything later, for now we just need to worry on how we're getting out of h—"

Before I could say anything else, more men had ran around the corner. I pushed Ella off of me and grabbed her wrist, running to the other side of the hallway. Oliver had followed behind.

Shots were being fired at us from behind as we kept running. No matter how many corners we turned, there was no getting out of here.

I pushed everyone into a room and shut the door, putting my ear against it and listening as the footsteps passed us. I let out a sigh of relief once I knew they were all gone.

We all started catching our breaths. I turned on the light in the room so I could see how everyone was doing. Ella had looked at me with her eyes going wide, almost panic-like.

"Oh my god, Lucifer! Your head is bleeding!" Ella whispered, rushing over to me.

I put my hand to my head and felt around it until I felt the cold blood touch my fingers. I looked down at my hand and saw how much blood was there. Ella pushed the hair out of my face and looked carefully at it.

"I'll be alright." I said, trying to calm her down the best I could so she wouldn't worry about me.

"Can you please tell us what happened?" Oliver asked as he walked over to us, handing Ella something from his hand.

"We don't have time for thi—"

I cut myself off with a grunt as Ella applied pressure to the wound on my head. Out of instinct, I pushed her hand away from me and stepped back, but that wasn't stopping her from claiming the bleeding.