Chapter 30 - Ella

Oliver and I ran over to where he had spotted them, the rain was getting heavier so we tired our best not to slip. We peaked out from the corner, watching and listening as both Lucifer and Nicolas argued.

"If you lie to me again Nicolas I will have a bullet so far down your fucking throat, who are you working for?" he threatened, holding Nicolas by his suit jacket.

'What the actual fuck was he talking about?'

I looked over at Oliver to see if he had any idea what Lucifer was talking about but he shook his head, so neither of us know anything about this fight.

"I'm not working for anybody! I came here because you invited me, believe me!" he pleaded, holding tightly onto Lucifer's wrist.

"Bullshit, start talking. Give me the right fucking answers, I'm tired of your lies. I invited you for a reason, I've heard and seen everything I needed to."

"It's not bullshit, I'm not lying! I'm not working for anybody, I now live alone in a fucked up apartment with barely and air conditioning and horrible water temperature, don't you think I would have a better looking home than that if I was working for someone?"

"Maybe you used it as a hide out, trying to keep a low profile."

"Even if I did, why would I allow Ella to live with me if it was just a hide out?"

"To make sure she stayed close with you at all times. To make sure she wouldn't find any one else but you. To make sure she would pick you." he replied, tightening his grip on Nicolas, "But she didn't, did she?"

"Look man, just let me go and we can talk about this one-on-one. You invited me here as a guest, do you really wanna keep those two waiting for so long? They might start to get worried or suspicious."

'Yeah.. a bit late for that now, Nicolas.'

"I don't care, I want my fucking answers. So I will ask one more time," Lucifer let one arm fall by his side, coming back up with a gun that he pressed against Nicolas' lower jaw, "Who are you working for?"

"Lucifer!" Oliver screamed, blowing our cover.

They both looked over at us as Oliver ran over to them. Lucifer had his eyes locked on me, filled with hatred and anger but also disappointment at the same time.

"You're not supposed to be out here, piccola. I told my guards to keep you inside for a reason."

'Shit.'

"I'm sorry, I pushed pass them to get out here."

"Put the gun back." Oliver calmly said as he grabbed Lucifer's arm.

He let go of Nicolas and pushed him away, making him fall to the floor. I ran over to Nicolas while Oliver took care of Lucifer.

"Are you okay, what happened?" I asked, kneeling down at him.

"I don't know, I was on a phone call and he came out of nowhere. He started accusing me of things that aren't true!" he replied, glancing over at Oliver and Lucifer.

"I told you, you should have never trusted this guy, Ella. You see what he does to innocent people? You can never trust a mafia."

"You." Lucifer grunted, pointing at me, "Get over here." he demanded.

I mouthed the words 'wait here' at Nicolas and got up from the floor, walking over to Lucifer hesitantly as I saw the gun in his hand.

"Did you know anything about this?" he asked with a soft voice.

I shook my head in response, forgetting for a second that he only takes words as an answer, "I don't know anything, I don't even know what you guys are fighting about."