Sirius

Harley had been keeping track of Sirius 's journey, calculating when he might get to Hogwarts. She had guessed that he'd be near by Halloween. Yet she was surprised when she heard of his attack in the griffindor tower.

Why should he go there? Harley did not know. The only thing she knew was that he wasn't there to kill Harry like everyone thinks. She is willing to vouch for that anywhere and anytime but it's not like anyone would believe her.

Apparently she's brainwashed by Black .

She tried not to be worried. Sirius was smart. If he could get out of Azkaban, he could manage not to get caught. She tried to get as near the golden trio as possible .She needed to know what they thought.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.
"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Ron.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Hermione "The one night we weren't in the tower. . . ."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run," said Ron. "Didn't
realize it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

Harley snorted .Sirius doing something without a plan. No way. He probably chose Halloween on purpose. Her best guess was that Sirius is looking for something . Something in Griffindor tower.

The thing that disturbed her the most was the fact that Sirius could've been around for quite sometime and he hadn't thought of her. That meant he was mad at her. Or that he was busy.

Harley meant to find out. She would send him a letter. Her black owl, Edgar, haven't had much exercise of late.

Harley honestly wanted to sleep but being a light sleeper it was next to impossible. By the time she managed to sleep foot steps woke her. This was madness. Ordering people who didn't want to sleep, to sleep while waking the ones who did want to sleep.

But this time it was not just Percy. Professor Dumbledore was with him.

"Any sign of him, Professor?" asked Percy in a whisper.
"No. All well here?"

"Everything under control, sir."
"Good. There's no point moving them all now. I've found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back in tomorrow."

"And the Fat Lady, sir?"
"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. Apparently she refused to let Black in without the password, so he attacked. She's still very distressed, but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mr. Filch restore her."

"Headmaster?" It was Snape. "The
whole of the third floor has been searched. He's not there. And Filch has done the dungeons; nothing there either."

"What about the Astronomy Tower Professor Trelawney's room? The Owlery?"
"All searched . . ."

"Very well, Severus. I didn't really expect Black to linger."
"Have you any theory as to how he got in, Professor?"

"Many, Severus, each of them as unlikely as the next."
"You remember the conversation we had, Headmaster, just before - ah -
the start of term?"

"I do, Severus," said Dumbledore, and there was something like warning in
his voice.

"It seems - almost impossible - that Black could have entered the school
without inside help. I did express my concerns when you appointed -"

"I do not believe a single person inside this castle would have helped Black
enter it," said Dumbledore, and his tone made it so clear that the subject was closed that Snape didn't reply.

"I must go down to the dementors," saidDumbledore.
"I said I would inform them when our search was complete."

"Didn't they want to help, sir?" said Percy.
"Oh yes," said Dumbledore coldly. "But I'm afraid no dementor will cross
the threshold of this castle while I am headmaster."