Broken wand and night time cookies

"What are you doing, Harley?"
Harley ,who was swirling a ladle in a shimmering rose gold colored potion which was threatening to bubble over, looked up at Blaise.

"Really Zabini? Have you gone blind? What do you think I'm doing? " Harley asked not daring to take her eyes off the potion again .
"That's not... What I meant is, which potion are you brewing?"

"How about you take a guess? This is not yet complete, I figure it'd take me another two hours or so...Anyway this will look like molten gold by the time it's completed. So what could it be? "
"Uhh.... "

Harley sighed "It's Felix Felicis. Do you know what that is? "
"I –um – No– Not really, No"

Harley shook her head in mock disappointment.
"Really Blaise? That's disappointing. It's liquid luck. This cauldron full? If this succeeds, I can give the entire student body of slytherin house a lucky day each. "

"Wow!"
"I know right? So why don't you get out of my face and let me do this in peace? " Harley almost snapped

"Oh..I.. I'm sorry I just... Uh... I'll get going then "
Once Blaise started to walkaway though, Harley felt bad. The boy had done nothing wrong .

"And Blaise? "
"Yeah? "

"If this works, I'd give you part of it, okay? "
"I won't tell anyone, you know. You don't have to bribe me"

"I know I don't have to. I know you're not a snitch. Though it wouldn't matter if you did tell someone. I have professor Snape's permission. And this is not a bribe, just a gift"
Harley looked up to give the boy a little smile.

••••••••••••••••••••

"So Harley, I heard you are brewing liquid luck? " Pansy asked as soon as Harley stepped into the common room. Harley raised an eyebrow at Blaise who shrugged
"You said that I could tell people"

Harley sighed
"Give me your wand for a moment " she told Pansy instead of replying to her question .
Pansy started to ask more questions but stopped herself when she saw the look on her friend's face.

Pansy silently handed her wand to Harley who retrieved a couple of pieces of broken wood and silver out of her robes. Pansy gasped and Blaise's eyes widened as he recognized the scrap wood. It was Harley's wand .

They made no comments as they watched Harley try spell after spell with Pansy's wand trying to fix her own.

And then they watched as Harley crumpled onto a couch , after silently giving Pansy her wand. The two of them stayed with her for hours perhaps hoping to talk to her, but it was a futile hope.

Finally Pansy left to bring Gideon Moon, saying that perhaps he could have more effect. And wishing that she could be of more help .

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hello, Harley "Anabiel said picking up the pieces of Harley's wand from the floor. She didn't reply.

Harley stayed on the couch, her eyes covered by her arm and she pretended not to notice when Anabiel sat down on the couch next to her.

"What happened, Hals? " She asked. When Harley stayed quiet Ana pulled her close and when she didn't resist, Ana hugged her close.

"You can talk to me , you know. You don't always have to solve every problem by yourself. Sometimes you can just eat others do it for you. "