♡1♡

edited 02/12/2023*

(fully) re-edited May 10 2024*

6 yrs old.

if you didn't read the TW in the previous chapter: you should be aware that this story will contain sensitive subjects such as abuse, misogyny, bullying, and slight suggestive themes.

"she likes boy things! gross!"

"y/n is a boy! y/n is a boyy!"

"stop it! i only like soccer! what's so wrong about that!?"

"it's a boy sport! and you're a girl!"

salty tears formed in the corners of my eyes from frustration at the mocking and teasing words from my classmates. i pressed the dirty and worn down football against my chest and kept my head low in fear of betraying my emotions. i heard one of the boys walking up to me, and suddenly the ball was kicked out of my hold, making me stumble back in surprise. i looked up, and locked eyes with the boy that'd bully me the most out of all of his friends. "you're a girly girl. you can't play with us, so give us back our ball!" he yelled, pushing me back this time. my bottom lip quivered as he pointed at my dirtied unicorn shirt with a laugh.

"why does it even matter! i just wanna have fun!" i yelled back, taking a couple steps closer to him. i tried to intimidate him, but being the shortest girl in class made it a difficult thing to achieve. the boy easily towered over me and glared down at me with his arms crossed over his chest. "and i'm not a boy, take it back!" i demanded.

"or what? you gonna throw one of your weak-girly punches? ooo i'm so scared!" he mocked, making the boys surrounding us bark out a laugh in response. i could feel the blood rushing to my face from shame and frustration as i dug my nails into my palms. i tried to form any words without crying, but the lump forming in my throat made it incredibly difficult. it didn't help that the sight made their laughter increase. "look! she's crying!" someone in the crowd pointed out.

"what a crybaby! this is why we don't play with girls!" the boy mocked, pushing his finger into my forehead in a mocking matter.

i finally snapped, and tackled him to the ground.

"we really don't know why she lashed out on your son that way... she's usually a very sweet and reserved girl." my parents both apologized and bowed their heads to the principal and the parents to the boy i previously beat up. i sat on a chair beside my mom, and stared at the boy who had his head tilted away from me. his face was bandaged significantly more than mine was, and his father sitting beside him had his arm wrapped around him protectively as if i'd try to pounce on him a second time. he finally met my eye, and glared at me.

"you should be happy we aren't suing you for this! if this ever repeats, consider your careers and lives finished!" the father yelled, pointing his grubby finger at my parents. i stared at him through my bangs, seeing as he sprouted out more insults and threats, before being held back by the principal as to not cross the line. however, i thought he did long ago.