♡4♡

4 yrs old.

i sat on the grass alone, and watched as the girls in my class played family together. suddenly, one of the girls took sight of me and approached me. she waved at me with a smile, "y/n! wanna play with us? we just need the kid role to be filled out!"

i shook my head, and brought my knees closer to my chest. "sorry... but i don't like playing family." i mumbled. she tilted her head at my words, "huh... you don't? but it's ok. bye!" i watched as she waved at me, then ran back to her friends that had been waiting for her. i stood up from my seat and dusted my skirt from any dirt, before walking off.

as i walked around the playground, the sound of kicking caught my attention, and when i rushed to investigate, i saw a couple of boys playing football together. my eyes lit up at the sight of them. watching them kick the ball and run around looked really fun. "hey! can i join too!?" i yelled, waving my hand as i rushed towards them.

the boys stopped playing and turned to look at me, judgmental looks overtook their previous joyful expressions, "huh? you're a girl though. girls don't play soccer." one of them began, taking the ball in his hands.

"yeah! you're super girly too! you'll just drag us down!"

i frowned, "what's wrong with the way i dress..?" gripping my pink skirt in embarrassment, i glared at them, "i bet i'm better than you too! girls can also be good at soccer!"

"yeah no chance." one said and kicked the ball at my head. i started tearing up and ran away. "stupid boys....i'll show them girls can be good at soccer too." i grumbled, wiping my tears.

16 yrs old. present time.

we stood in our positions, awaiting the starting call for the match against team V. i hoped our practice from before made them improve and become aware that they need to work as a team, otherwise my life is seriously going to be over.

bachira was the first to quickly rush in with the ball, although he was quickly blocked. team V seemed to completely dominate us, as they had a player on the majority of us. we weren't even able to do anything till they scored.

this frustrated me even worse. my team was still not coordinating well, and it's not like team V are some revolutionary team or something, it's actually quite the opposite. they lost by 0-7...!

we decided to go to the changing room to discuss our formation and gameplay, but i wasn't thinking straight. all that my thoughts would allow me to focus on was my parents, and what'd happen to me once i was kicked out of this place. my future is on the line here... and so is everyone elses!

i slammed my hand against the wall, catching everyone's attention, "what the hell is going on?! play more seriously, everyone! if we lose this we're out of blue lock!" i shouted in frustration. the nagging thought of what was awaiting me outside of blue lock made me incredibly anxious, i felt like throwing up. my fist shook as raichi approached me, "are you saying we aren't playing our best right now?!" he yelled. "we can't lose this match! or it's over is all i'm saying!" i finished, throwing my towel harshly against the floor and walking into the bathroom to calm down.

my hands shook as i held the sink, my mothers words spun in my head about the marriage, and a blurry picture of the man she showed me appeared in my mind. i quickly shook my head, and splashed my face with cold water. a few minutes passed and the door to the bathroom opened and there i saw isagi, "the match is starting.." he informed.

i nodded and walked past him coldly.

when the match started i immediately took control of the ball and ignored all of my surroundings. we need to score at least one goal in order to keep a balance and in order to calm down and think rationally. i rushed past the players who tried to block me swiftly until i ended up at the goal. the opposite team didn't seem to expect me to immediately take the lead but i took that to my advantage and scored a goal. my teammates cheered but i didn't pay attention to that, instead i quietly walked back to my spot.

in the end, we scored more goals and won against them. i almost collapsed to my knees from relief, i really thought that we would've lost with how the match began. immediately after everything was done i quickly left on my own. i saw the boys from the corner of my eye questioning my actions but i didn't care. i couldn't...!

i had to get better or else i'd get dragged down by my teams incompetence.

i got myself a sandwich in the cafeteria, before i left for the training grounds. there, i spent the rest of my time practicing alone. the adrenaline rush from my mother's words hadn't worn off, and i kept at it till the doors slid open. when i turned to look at the person that dared interrupt me, i was surprised to see kunigami.

"so this is where you went.." he said. i stared at him in silence before turning away, "did you need something?" i muttered, turning my attention back to the ball.

"well... you kinda worried us with the stunt you pulled there. you're usually ... y'know.. quiet. was kinda outta character." he said, rubbing his neck awkwardly. i sighed, "it's nothing. nothing you would understand anyway.." i mumbled the last part but he seemed to have heard it anyway, to my dismay. "well i'm not the best with words... but you can tell me anything and i'll listen." he reassured.

i looked at him again. he had an awkward smile on his face.

i chuckled softly, shoulders dropping. "stop that.. your muscular appearance doesn't match your words.." i laughed softly.

his face immediately turned pink as he grumbled, "what's wrong with that..!"

"nothing . thank you kunigami." i said sincerely. he immediately dropped his flustered emotions from previously and grinned back, "sure."