♡2♡

b/n = brother's name

edited dec 02 2023

(fully) re-edited may 10 2024*

♡  

i stepped into the huge and dark room that was filled with guys still in their school uniforms. the place was absolutely packed, and many of them were very muscular and tall, making it difficult for me to be able to find a spot to stand comfortably in. it didn't help that the atmosphere was very tense, and i found myself clutching my brother's bag tightly as i pushed past the people here. i could feel many of their eyes on me as i scurried through the crowd in an attempt to reach the front, but i wasn't very successful with it. i finally settled on a spot beside a boy with black hair and another with white hair. as i tried to calm my anxiously beating heart, the few lights that were in the room suddenly turned off, and we were all engulfed in darkness.

a tall man entered the room and stood in front of all of us. he held a mic tightly in his hand before speaking up, "congratulations, diamonds in the rough...

you are the 300 18-and under strikers who have been chosen according to my arbitrary and biased decision-making. i am ego jipanchi. the man hired to make sure japan wins the world cup." he said.

the guys around me began chattering as i struggled to even properly see the man speaking, the boys around me were too tall to look past.

the man continued his speech about what blue lock was and it's purpose. he made a couple interesting points, and even discussed the flaws in japan's football. however, his criticism wasn't accepted by everyone. it was clear by the doubtful and hesitant looks on everyone's faces.

the white haired boy suddenly spoke up in retaliation to ego's words, "um.. excuse me but i can't agree with the conditions you just laid." he said loudly, making everyone's attention shift to him. he continued to explain his perspective, even going back and forth with ego until the older male finally had enough of his nonsense, to my delight as his rambling was only getting on my nerves. i had to do this blue lock thing no matter what, it was my one and only chance to a future.

"you can't become the world's best striker unless you're the world's biggest egoist.

just imagine it...

you're in the world cup final.

eighty thousand people on the stands. you're standing on the field. the score is 0-0. it's the second half of the extra time.

it's the last play.. with a pass from your teammate, you're through the defense.

it's you against the goalkeeper.

six meters to your right is your teammate. if you pass, you're guaranteed to score a goal.

in the moment where the entire nations hopes are lying on you, only an insane egoist can take that shot without hesitation."

the doors behind ego swung open, making a very bright light pour into the incredibly dark room, "pass through these doors." he said, pushing his glasses up with his finger.

"abandon all common sense. on the field, you're the star. nothing should bring you more joy than your own goals. live only for that moment!

isn't that what it means to be a striker?"

my eyes went wide as i stared at him with adoration. his words made my heart race in excitement.

it was exactly what i've always desired.