♥︎49♥︎

eheh.. I miss when I was able to update everyday.... maybe I should get a editor to help..('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

♥︎

I stared at him with a wide and awkward smile, not knowing what to say.

a long silence took over us where we just stood there in absolute shock until he broke it by looking the other way and ruffling his hair.

"uhh.... nothing...hehe..." I mumbled under my breath, silently hoping that he would forget about it.

"that's not something you just say..." he mumbled before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him. hesitantly, my legs began moving on their own and I followed after him, glancing down at our intertwined fingers. his hold on me was tight and I hoped I didn't upset him by my 'joke'.

"sorry..." I sighed tiredly.

I don't know what took over me but I desperately hoped that ness wouldn't take it seriously. I didn't feel like unpacking my trauma in a place where I was meant to escape from it in. remembering it and essentially reliving it in my head will only depress me further, and the match against ubers is in a day. I won't have time for those kind of thoughts about my parents.

my parents...

...

ness took a sharp turn to the left which snapped me out of my thoughts. I soon realized that he was going the opposite way to the dorms where I slept. my face held a somber expression as I gulped the lump which began forming in my throat at the thought of my parents.

ness glanced back at me, his fluffy hair bouncing along the movements. I glanced up at him and his solemn eyes made the lump return to my throat.

"I'm really sorry.." I mumbled, my voice almost sounding unfamiliar to me.

he sighed, "what are you apologizing for?" he turned his head away and I stayed quiet after that. my brain was blank from answers for the boy.

once we finally reached his destination, I looked up to see that we were standing in front of his and kaiser's room. he moved to open the door but I dug my heels in the ground, successfully stopping him. he turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at me while I shook my head.

"why did you take me here?" I finally asked, though my voice was shaky more than anything.

"you'll talk if no ones there to interrupt or listen in, right?"

"talk..?"

"I'm not dumb. do you think so little of me, y/n?"

I stayed quiet and he sighed.

"you get abused by your father." he outright stated, and I ripped my hand out of his hold and the urge to shrink and cower in the ground was almost irresistible. I cocked my head to the side and shrugged. "don't say dumb stuff. it was a joke."

he clicked his tongue before gripping my hand in his once more.

"I'm not dumb." he repeated, feeling annoyed.

the tears stung my eyes. his previously accusing words hit a nerve and I felt like a pathetic wreck. he moved to pull me once more and I stopped him, digging my heels into the ground.

"I don't want Kaiser to know." I finally said, giving in. it was obvious that he wasn't buying anything i was saying. lying would only dig the hole deeper than I already have.

ness raised a curious eyebrow at my words before nodding.

"you don't trust him?"

"no... I'm not really ready...