♥︎39♥︎

question of the day: when did the book start getting good for you?

when I re-read it I find it getting better when it nears the manga^^ I like to make wholesome stuff with the characters and to read it and most fanfics I have read all follow the anime and usually don't reach the manga.

♥︎

I decided I'd find ego and ask him about sae. I remember sae mentioning that he spoke with ego about helping me, so it should be fine.

I walked down the hallway and towards the room ego was always in. anri would be there occasionally, but she took care of other things so she's not here always.

I opened the door, not bothering to knock. "ego-san?" I called out, walking into the semi dark room. in front of me sat ego, who was facing a ton of tv's and screens showing the different rooms in blue lock. this is probably where he would make announcements and such. I could see the different teams practicing together, and a lot more stuff. I never knew he could see everything like this...

he turned around, "..hm? l/n?" he said, "can I help you?"

I nodded awkwardly, feeling a bit intimidated. I'm not used to being around ego alone.

I noticed that one of the screens that was closest to ego, was a file about me. or my brother actually... it showed an AI, that had my brothers physical build. beside it was my ability chart, showing my rating in speed, stamina, shot and so on.

I sweat dropped a little. that AI looked nothing like me. "is that meant to be me?" I asked

he replied nonchalantly, "no, that's your brother."

a few seconds passed as I tried to process his words just now.

"...excuse me?" I asked quietly, wanting him to repeat what he said. maybe I just didn't catch that right.

he sighed, "that's your brother." again, emotionless. as if that's a common fact to be stated. well, obviously! but..

"m-my brother..? sorry but I don't have a brother, just a younger sister haha..."

ahh shit. what is.. going on..?

he moved a little, closer to the ai and zoomed in and sure enough that was my brother. his face, hair, build, everything.

he tilted his head back towards me. "I've known, y/n. from the start."

"h-huh? you... have?"

"yes. how did you expect me not to know? when I personally seek someone out, of course I'd know everything of them.

your brother along with isagi are the only ones I personally invited, and I was going to disqualify you when I realized that you weren't the sibling I asked for.

you have your blessed skill in football to thank, because what I got instead of b/n was an even better player. when I realized that, I also realized that I couldn't let a diamond among rocks stay unpolished, until it loses its shine.

that diamond, who unfortunately ended up being born a female...

but I don't care about that shit. to raise Japanese football to the top, who gives a shit about that anyway? though it would be a different story if you were a male among females... then there would be an obvious physical advantage. but it's quite the opposite, and you've been able to hold your ground and even become number 3. I congratulate you for that...

...I've known from the start, y/n l/n."

I stared at him with wide eyes, him who kept his stoic expression the entire time. I'm really thankful for the compliment.. I feel like I could jump to the moon. but he's known all along?!?! was all of my effort to hide for nothing..?