♡8♡

i'm gonna try to move on quicker so i can catch up with the later episodes ^^

iemon was taking care of the strategy this time. i was sitting tiredly beside isagi and bachira who was messing around with the other boys. today was incredibly messy and draining i just wanted to sleep and start new tomorrow. "hold on...kuon's listening on this," i pointed out, wiping the sleep from my eyes. the atmosphere turned tense as everyone looked at kuon. "yeah! i haven't forgiven him yet!" raichi yelled, putting him in a headlock. "let's take turns punching him!" raichi suggested. i stood up, cracking my fingers. "great idea, raichi!"

"he needs to be punished!"

"make sure he can't move out of the way.." i instructed raichi as i approached them. "i don't care what reason you have to betray us, because i have my own reason for being this pissed off too!" just as i was going to punch him i felt a hand stop me.

"hey! don't do it, b/n! you're gonna injure him!"

i turned to look at isagi who was holding me back by my shoulder, "that's the point isagi!"

"no i mean- we need eleven players if we wanna beat team V!"

kuon broke out of raichi's hold and shouted, "are you crazy? no way i'm playing!! even if team Z loses, with three goals i'll be able to advance as our top scorer!"

i glared at kuon. kunigimi approached him and said, "if i score 3 more goals i'll be on the lead. what will you do then? still not gonna play?"

"if you think you can score that against-"

"i'll do it."

they continued arguing back and forth. i sighed, sitting down and bringing my legs close to my chest. ego appeared in front of the screen and spoke about our incapibilities and how we've been winning out of luck all this time.

it was late when we finished our meeting, despite that my teammates were too determined to sleep. everyone went training in their own paths. i wiped my eyes, feeling lost. i wanted to practice too of course, but i was so tired from this messy day. but i see where they're coming from. we're up against monsters who've won 8-0 against another team. every second is precious time that could've been spent practicing.

i was walking down the hallway for a while to clear my thoughts, and i'd completely lost track of time. however, i quickly stopped when i stumbled upon an open room with loud kicking sounding from the inside. i peeked inside and saw rin, practicing by his own. he looked so cool and collected. i didn't notice that i kept watching him until he turned to my direction with a harsh glare. i jumped up from my hiding spot, not expecting him to know i'm here. "why the hell are you spying on me, little girl?"

i frowned, cheeks heating up a little from embarrassment, "don't call me that! and i was only passing by..."

"oh yeah? well then let me practice in peace." he said and turned back to his ball.

"u-um actually.. you play really good, can i practice with you?"

"huh? and why should i play with someone as half-baked as you?" he stated with a glare. i pouted, "that's mean..."

he shooed me away and began practicing again. i stayed there stubbornly. "...y'know it's more efficent if you're playing against someone else."

he turned to me again and glared, "not if that someone is half-baked. now leave before i leak your little secret."

i huffed, "you're so stubborn!"

"you're the one who's stubborn, dumbass!"

"at least give me a chance! i'm a good player, i promise!"

"if i said no will you leave?"

"no"

he sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "fine. but if you're not as good as you're trying to convince me get the fuck out."

my eyes sparkled, "of course!!"

we then spent the rest of the time practicing together. i was of course not as good as rin, but he still recognized my skill. i knew that because he didn't kick me out. he's such a tsundere. he was playing a bit softer with me at the start, probably because i'm a girl, which made me mad so i began bothering him until he played seriously. he was suprised to see that i was able to hold against him for so long, even score a few goals (even if it was only 5 goals......) i felt myself improve from playing with him. i also learned new tricks too. one thing about rin is that he's really good at reading his opponents mind. it's like he has control of the entire court.

when we finished i was a panting mess. rin wasn't gasping for air as heavily as me but he was still tired. he wiped the sweat from his forehead as he stared down at me, "if you get this tired after playing with me you should quit."

i looked up and grinned, "your play style is so ruthless...but i'm not gonna give up. i'm gonna get as good as you maybe even better! just wait rin!!"

he rolled his eyes and exhaled deeply, "whatever. keep dreaming, moron."

my grin widened. he didn't call me half-baked this time!

"oh man! i wish we could go against your team! playing against you is so exciting!" i said, admiring his playstyle. 

his cheeks warmed up as he turned to glare at me with his pretty teal colored eyes, "what the fuck are you? some super-fan or something?" he spat, scowling.

"if i admire you does that mean i'm a fan of some sort?" i pondered out loud. his face turned an even darker shade of pink, "no! don't be weird about it!"

i shrugged.

"bye-bye, rin! i hope i'll see you again soon!" and so i left.

the place was pretty empty since we finished practicing which means the showers are probably empty. i went to check and they were! so i showered quickly and went to back to the bedrooms.

when i entered i noticed isagi not sleeping. he looked up at me with curious eyes, "b/n? where've you been?" he asked.

I smiled awkwardly before sitting down on the mattress beside bachira who immediately clung onto me despite being asleep. "i was... practicing.." i whispered as he nodded.

my thoughts soon shifted to how rude i've been to them, despite how kind and patient they've been with me. no matter how cold and quiet i've behaved, they've been nothing but warm and gentle to me.

i couldn't help but get attached to them. they're all a little dumb, but they're so warm.

 a minute or so passed until i broke the silence by finally speaking up, "sorry for lashing out today. i-i... just can't manage to lose..." i began, feeling my throat tighten at the thought of being thrown out of this place. just the thought seeing my parents face was alone to make me want to break down right now and in front of isagi. but i had to stay strong.

isagi stared at me for a couple of seconds in shock, most likely not expecting my words. which is no surprise, giving the sort of cold asshole i've been. still, his lips quirked upwards into a warm smile as he responded quietly, "y'know b/n, if there's anything you wanna open up about you can talk to me. we're friends after all."

i lowered my head, feeling blood rushing to my cheeks. i couldn't help the smile from forming in my face at his words. "friends, huh? no one's ever called me that before i joined blue lock.." i mumbled, fiddling with my fingers on my lap. "it's a bit personal so i'd rather not talk about it. thank you though, isagi. please continue to be my friend..!"

his smile widened as he nodded, "but of course!"

after that, i lied down on the bed, with bachira still clinging onto my waist and resting his face on my side. "goodnight isagi." i whispered.

"goodnight." he whispered back.

what y/n doesn't know is that majority of her teammates are awake and heard her. deep inside they swore to never lose again, for her sake.