♡7♡

"what the fuck?" he said, staring at me. oh shit. oh shit oh shit. my cover was blown and i wasn't even able to get far in blue lock before it was. "tell me my eyes are fucking with me right now.." he said in disbelief.

i stood up, still covering my chest and trembling. "p-please wait- don't tell anyone-"

"the hell do you mean don't tell anyone? do you know that you're breaking the rules and law right now? this is men's football."

i teared up as i shakily nodded my head, "i-i know... but please... y-you can't tell them.. if i get kicked out of blue lock my life will be over!!!"

he scoffed, "well, of course all of our dreams will be crushed when we get kicked out of blue lock. you're not special, woman."

"no no... it's not because of that.. please.. you have to listen to me at least.. i beg of you.." i said, tears tickling down my cheeks as i held my shirt even tighter to my chest, seeking any comfort i could from it.

he sighed, not liking the fact that he made a girl cry. no matter how cold he was, hurting women was not something he'd ever want to do. embarrassingly enough, women crying was among his weak spots. "fine. tell me your tragic backstory, then. as if it's gonna change my mind.." he grumbled, shaking his head back and forth.

my face lit up as i wiped the tears from my cheeks, "thank you..."

"rin."

"thank you, rin-kun!"

"whatever. get on with it i don't have all day."

"i'm gonna get married off. to an old man. my brother realized that and let me go here in instead of him. if my football career doesn't succeed in blue lock i'm gonna become some old man's wife." i straightforwardly said as his eyes widened. "so please... at least let me have a chance to change my fate! i don't have anything but football... please..!!!" i begged.

silence took over us until rin finally broke it by awkwardly coughing, "fine. but then you owe me. i don't do these things for free... i hope you know that you're committing identity fraud."

more tears builded in my eyes as i sobbed softly, "i-i know... t-thank you.. rin..."

"whatever. just don't expect me to do you any more favours like this. now scram."

i nodded but before i could go anywhere i remembered that i wasn't even wearing my shirt, just covering my chest with it. a few seconds before realization crossed rin's face. his cheeks turned pink as he turned away from me, "what's your name?"

"b/n."

"... your real name." he sighed and i could feel the blood rushing to my face from embarrassment, "u-um.. y/n. but please call me b/n in public..." i said.

he shrugged and walked out of the room.

okay. wow. that went well, at least more than i thought it would. i think. it's not guaranteed that he won't snitch on me, but i want to trust him. i have nothing else to do anyway. i tied the binder around my chest tighter this time and wore my shirt and wig (after drying my hair properly). i shakily walked out of the room and to the cafeteria. all of this stress has made me so hungry.

i walked down the hallway and towards the cafeteria. i tried to calm my erratic heart, the anxiety from earlier still pulsing in my veins. i was really shaken up and worried that rin would snitch on me. at first sight he really doesn't seem like the person who would keep secrets like that.. i shook my head. yummy food would surely calm me down.

i got myself some food and my mouth watered at the delicious smell. "oi b/n! come sit with us!" i heard a voice call out. when i looked at the source i saw reo and nagi sitting together. i smiled and nodded, walking over to them. i sat beside reo and began digging into my food.

 "how've you been?" reo asked, resting his head on his hand as he stared at me boredly. nagi was lying his head ontop of the table in boredom as usual. "good... i guess."

"hmm? you look like you've seen a ghost." he teased and i jolted up in surprise. "n-not at all! you must be imagining things..." i quickly excused, as i stuffed my mouth with food to distract myself. he shrugged and leaned back onto his chair instead. 

"our teams are playing against each other next. did'ya know that?" nagi asked, taking small bites from his food. i nodded, "i'm excited to play against you guys. i've seen how ruthless and good you are.."

reo grinned with pride, "excited to play against you as well. whenever i watch your gameplay it always seems to me like you're holding back."

i tilted my head, looking at him and then back at my food, "honestly... my team is just holding me back from bringing out my full potential." i answered heartlessly, remembering kuon. the rest are not as bad, it's just their lack of coordination that takes 50 years off my lifespan from stress everytime we have a match.

reo laughed loudly, "how unfortunate that you weren't put in our team. i would've loved to play with you as my teammate..." it felt like there was more to it than what reo said but i shrugged, not really caring much.

suddenly kuon approached our table. he didn't seem to realize i was there until he was in front of us. immediately i sat up from my seat and dropped my fork, glaring hard at him, "what the fuck do you want, bastard?"

"look- i don't have any business with you, b/n." he said nervously. even though i'm shorter than him he was still afraid of me.

"get the hell away from me and my friends, if you think you can pull that shit again you're wrong!" i said, slamming my hand on the table and pointing at the door, "get the fuck away from us!" he sighed and left in defeat. i slumped back onto my seat, feeling drained. the other boys stared at me in confusion as i sighed. "asshole betrayed us. he sold us out to the opposite team so he could proceed and make us get kicked from blue lock. we still tied the match though."

"damn. what a moron. i see why you're disappointed with your team.." nagi said, "what's the point in playing football if this is what you do to proceed? pathetic."

i nodded, agreeing with him.

"eh...whatever.... reo, i'm tired now.. can you carry me back.." muttered nagi as reo sighed and lifted him on his back. i giggled at the sight. nagi was so huge. seeing reo carry him looked funny. "bye, b/n. goodluck." said reo as nagi waved from his back.