♥︎43♥︎

question of the day: where are you guys from??! I'm from iraq and Philippines

♥︎

I was engulfed in something warm and soft, and my entire body felt numb.

slowly, my eyes began cracking open but the harsh light from the lamp immediately made me clamp them shut.

"you're awake?" a voice asked, and soon when my brain was not as foggy, i realized that it belonged to ego.

I opened my eyes once more and looked to the side, to indeed see ego sitting near me and scrolling through his phone. he put down his phone and looked down at me. "you've been asleep for 10 hours." he said, making me slowly push the blanket off of me and sit up but soon the numbness passed and all that was left was pain. "everything hurts..." I groaned, and was surprised when I saw that I was wearing different clothes and my wig wasn't on.

"w-what happened?" I asked with wide eyes. did... my wig fall off when I was in the match?

ego seemed to notice my distress and put a hand on my shoulder, keeping me in place. "sit down. you've exerted yourself beyond what you can handle.

you've been asleep for 10 hours. are you insane? if you were exhausted you should've allowed us to switch you out." he stated, his voice flat and emotionless. his words contrasted with his voice a lot...

I furrowed my eye brows, "and lose my chance to play? hell no. and it wasn't anything; I played well, didn't I? so there was no reason for me to get off." i said as i sat back down on the bed.

he sighed, sitting down on his chair. "I guess I've underestimated how egoistic I've made you. how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. what happened after I fainted? where is my wig and binder?" I asked quickly, looking around the small room. it wasn't the dorm room we're assigned ..

"calm down. I have it. and no I didn't change you, it was anri."

"she knows I'm a girl?"

"ehh... she didn't know before but whatever it was necessary."

I pouted, "okay..."

"after the match ended, you fainted on top of kaiser. you weren't the only one though... isagi did as well. you two were taken by medics but i made sure that anri reached you first, so no one found out about anything. your friends are quite worried, but that's not why i'm here right now. i want to discuss your play..."

i gulped, gripping the blanket tightly as i stared at him. "uh... did i do something wrong..?" i asked quietly, feeling anxious.

"well, i've just noticed you holding back a lot. what's wrong?" he asked, pushing his glasses up.

"hehe, are you worried about me, ego-san?" i grinned, making him sigh tiredly.

"don't try your nonsense with me, it won't work. tell me, why are you holding back? you've been named number 3 for most of your time here in blue lock. your statistics and past gameplay are proof of that, but you're still holding back."

i ran my fingers through my hair as i frowned. "well.. it's not like i want to. if i play with my full ability, i'm afraid my teammates won't be able to keep up and support me. i'll create an imbalance."

"i see... but from now on, i don't want you to hold back anymore. bring back your spirit from the U-20 match. that's what i want to see. when you're playing football, only you matter. it's your teammates job to improve, it's not yours to make sure they're on the same path."

i smiled again and nodded, "okay, ego-san! thank you!"

"good. i'm looking forward to see your improvement."