seventeen

𝙹𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 '𝙱𝚕𝚞' 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗July 30thMercy Hospital | Atlanta, Georgia

July 30th
Mercy Hospital | Atlanta, Georgia

When i had woke up i was undoubtedly in a lot of damn pain. The meds had definitely kicked in but my wounds were still aching. Jo was laid out on the couch, sleeping peacefully and it made me smile. I wouldn't have expected nothing less from my brother.

"Jo.." I attempt to speak, my voice coming out raspy and dry. Jo sat up like he wasn't even sleep in the first place and looks at me with a relieved smile.

"Hey Blu Blu." He moves over to my bedside and takes my hand into his, kissing the skin softly. "How you feeling?"

"I feel groggy." I reply truthfully with a lopsided smile.

"I bet.. all dem drugs they got you on." He chuckles.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, by everyone i meant Amiri. He was here yesterday... kissing on me in front of Jo? Wait.

"Uh only one person could stay and it's real early. They'll be back." Jo reassures me, standing up straight.

"Do you know about me and Amiri?" I finally decide to ask quietly. Jo's eyes flash with anger but he doesn't let it rise to the surface.

"Yea i know Blu." He looks away from me but keeps our hands interlocked.

"I'm sorry Jo." I feel tears well in my eyes at the expression on his face. He was betrayed.

"Why him Blu Blu? You're a good girl and you deserve a good man." He winces, squeezing my hand.

"I couldn't even tell you Jo.. i should've left him alone, should've set boundaries but i didn't. I let him do what he wanted and now look, i'm on him real bad." I shake my head.

"Y'know i wasn't keeping you away from him to be petty or mean, I did it because of the fear that something like this would happen Blu. You were shot and the outcome could've been much worse than it actually was." He explains and I nod.

"He knew it was hot, he shouldn't have took you on a damn date man." Jo stresses.

"I had been annoying him about it for days, maybe it was my own fault." I say quietly.

"He knew better Blu. Stop sticking up for him." He squeezes my hand again as i look down with tears in my eyes.

"I want him Jo, but i don't want to keep betraying you." I look into his sad eyes as realization sets in.