thirty-four

𝙹𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 '𝙱𝚕𝚞' 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗Oct 15thCity Nails | Atlanta, Georgia

Oct 15th
City Nails | Atlanta, Georgia

Today was the day i'd be meeting Mir's two older brothers, Dejuan and Alejandro. Since he told me about them, he's let me know Dejuan worked in finance as well as construction and Alejandro was a doctor so they were both pretty successful.

His whole family was successful it seemed. I was getting off of work a little earlier today since the dinner was at 5 o'clock at Amiri's house so i'd have to be done with work by atleast 3:30.

It was currently 1 and i only had one more walk in for today. It was a simple manicure appointed at 1:15 so i was sitting at my station scrolling on instagram.

Yesterday, i had posted my promise ring and there was already a lot of support from my friends and family. I was scared yet excited for the next chapter of Mir and I's life. A promise ring is a big ass deal.

My thoughts were interrupted by the clearing of someone's throat, causing me to look up to see Trell standing there. He looked handsome as usual, some of his dreads in a ponytail while the rest hung freely.

"Trell- omg hi." I sent him a friendly smile that he reciprocated before sitting down in my station chair.

"So how've you been?" He asked.

"Good, you?" I tilt my head, taking his hand into my own so i could start his nails.

"I been cool... ion wanna fake conversation Blu, i just want an explanation. Of everything." He said truthfully and i nodded slowly.

"I apologize for everything that happened at Keyshawn's party.. I'm deadass, you ain't deserve that Trell." I frown, biting my cheek nervously.

"Was any part of our relationship true? I seen the ring you posted on the net and shit.." He trailed off with a shrug as i gulped. I didn't know what to say that wouldn't hurt his feelings.

"Look Mir and I had been talking for months and then we finally started dating. When i met you, i was nowhere near over him but decided to still get involved with you and i was 100% wrong for that." I explain, "You weren't a rebound- i wasn't looking for someone to get over him with, i just liked our vibe together." I tell him truthfully and he nods.

"I wish you would've told me Blu." He huffed, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"I know and i'm sorry but Amiri told me you knew about us already..." I raised a brow, awaiting for what he'd say next.

"Okay maybe I d-" he started.

"So why'd you still pursue something with me knowing how close you and Mir were?" I question, cutting him off before he could continue and he looked away guiltily.