thirty-eight

𝙹𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 '𝙱𝚕𝚞' 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗Dec 17thMercy Hospital | Atlanta, Georgia

Dec 17th
Mercy Hospital | Atlanta, Georgia

I couldn't lie, i was so nervous as i stood in the middle of Mercy hospital's elevator. Today i'd be meeting his mom, seeing Dejuan after that awkward ass dinner and seeing Ale in a hospital bed fighting for his life.

I'd grown to like Ale the last month i've known him, he really cared for Amiri and anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.

As i walked through the quiet hospital halls, my heart thumped rapidly from nervousness. I knocked softly when i reached Ale's door and it was opened immediately by Dejuan.

He gave me a friendly smile before leaning in and giving me a quick and unexpected hug. I hugged him back nonetheless to symbolize i was here for him.

Walking completely into the room, i seen Mir with a mug on his face as well as a lady next to him. She looked most like Amiri and Ale had a few of her features. It seemed Dejuan took after their dad completely.

"Hi i'm Blu, nice to meet you." I introduce myself,  kindly smiling as i out reach my hand for their mother to shake. The mug she previously held seemed to die down as she took my hand into her own with pursed lips.

"Nice to meet you, you can call me Angela- im these 3 goofballs mother." She introduced herself and i chuckled lightly at the last part.

I moved from her and immediately fell into Mir's arm and he held me close. His demeanor seemed to have lightened up since last night and earlier today. I kissed his cheek softly before standing up and standing by Ale's bedside.

"I'm glad you're okay." I whisper so if Ale could hear me, only he could. I gave him hand a small squeeze before sitting back down again- between Amiri and Angela. "I'm feeling so much tension right now, is everything okay?" I decide to ask, pressing my lips into a thin line as the two ignore me with shrugs.

"They're the same person just different genders so they're both stubborn as shit." Dejuan explains to me with a chuckle that makes me smile.

"I love and hate that for y'all," I chuckle, "What y'all being stubborn about now?" I ask, tilting my head.

"He won't tell me nothing about you because he CLAIMS i'm too bitchy to even be in your presence." Angela huffs, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Um wow well i'm right here. Ask away." I suggest.

"What do you do for work? And what's your real name, Blu seems too childish for me." She started and despite my surprise from her boldness i laughed it off.

"See this is what i'm talkin about-" Mir begins to speak but i grab his arm to signal that i got it under control.

"My real name is Jaliyah but my family calls me Blu because of my heterochromia," I point to my eye, "And i work at city nails as a nail tech." I finish up and she listens intently.

"Interesting got a big family?" she wondered.

"My mother isn't in my life any more but my dad is as well as my two older brothers." I tell her, "I have many distant family members, they just aren't a priority in my life at the moment." I tell her truthfully and she nods.

"So what is? Thinking about having kids or anything?" She questioned and i couldn't help the smile that pulled onto my lips.

I looked over at mir and he gave me an approving smile. "We talked about it and once we're contempt and comfortable we'll start trying for a baby." I explained to her, keeping my eyes on Mir as i spoke.

"Ugh good, i can't wait to have some grandbabies since Dejuan won't give me any and Ale isn't even dating at the moment." She scoffed.

"Aren't you married Dejuan?" I decide to ask, i knew he had no kids but now i was wondering why.

"Yes i am and we're gonna try for a baby once we are done traveling. Give us a year or two." He says the last part towards his mom with roll of his eyes.

"Well i can't wait," His mom smiled, standing up. "I do have to get out of here and make sure the new bar is going smoothly, i left Cornell in charge." She laughed dryly, looking at Ale one more time.

Mir and I stood up and after she hugged Dejuan and made her way over us and gave us hugs as well. "I'll see you two later." She gave me a friendly smile before pinching Mir's cheek and walking away.

"She is not that bad Amiri." I say with a chuckle.

"Maybe not today wait till you get pregnant, you're gonna wish you never even met me." He sighed and i laughed again, wrapping my arms around his torso in a hug.

"Nothing will ever make me regret meeting you." I nuzzle against his chest and he laughs, rubbing circles on my back.

"I love you man." He kisses my forehead.

"I love you more." I say as more of a promise and he smirks against my skin.

"Ew y'all are disgusting." Dejuan fakes a gag from behind us and crack a smile as we separate from each other.

"Don't be jealous ya marriage ain't got no more spark." Mir jokes, throwing his head back in laughter as Dejuan flips us both off.

"I'm outta here tho, see y'all in a couple hours." Dejuan dismisses himself, giving both mir and i friendly hugs before leaving.

Mir walks and says a few things to Ale while i squeeze his hand to say goobye. Once we were done, we made our way to my house.

Mir dropped me off so he could go meet up with my brother and i almost immediately fell asleep from the damn flight.

When i finally did wake up, it was the next day- around 5 a.m. I stood from my bed and ran into the bathroom, feeling my stomach rumble and whatever i ate yesterday making its way back up my pipe.

I threw up in the bathroom and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as the puke looked of nothing i'd ate the last few days and i knew there was only one other possibility.

Pregnancy.