forty

𝙰𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚒 '𝙼𝚒𝚛' 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚣𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚣 Jan 27thConstruction site | Atlanta, Georgia

Jan 27th
Construction site | Atlanta, Georgia

For the past few weeks, Dejuan invited me to one of his many housing projects so i could get back into the construction game. Growing up, Dejuan and I had always been into building shit and one day wanted to own our company together but once our older teenage years hit, all dreams went out the window. Or atleast they did for me.

My love for the work would never go away- it really never did so these last few weeks were a bliss for me. The job was easy, i got to put in some work, and i wasn't in the streets as much as before.

Blu and our unborn baby were the only thing on my mind from the time i went to sleep till the time i woke up in the morning. I was just so excited to be a father, to share a unconditional love with someone forever.

Today, Blu and I were meeting with her pops and my mother to break the news to them. It'd been over a month since i'd found out and Blu was now 11 weeks and despite her bump starting to show, we still hadn't told our parents.

"I'm clocking out boss or should i say bosses?" One of Dejuan's employees approached us, taking his work hat off and placing it on the new kitchen island.

"Nah just boss, i'm just observing and helping out where im needed." I explain to the employee who's name was Elijah and he nodded understandingly.

"Well if you do start any projects on ya own let me know. I could use the money." He placed his hand in front of mine and i shook it firmly.

"Of course man, i'll let you know." I send him a wink and with one last glance, he turned and left.

"See Mir, you still got it brother and if it's something you still want.." D trailed, grabbing a manilla folder out the kitchen drawer and handed it to me, "I say we partner up.. if you stop selling 100 percent." He finishes and my jaw dropped slightly at the offer.

The offer of a lifetime.

"Oh my- wow D ion even know what to say." I smile speechless at him and he squeezes my shoulder reassuringly.

"I got you Mir and i know you wanna do better for your family so, it's a partnership if you'll accept it." He explained and i grabbed him into a hug before he could explain further. "Okay okay don't get too happy now, you gotta read the conditions. Think it over, i just need it by Friday k?"

"Yea man, thank you D i owe you everything." I say, my voice still in disbelief at what my older brother just offered me.

"Nah you don't, you're still my little brother Amiri don't forget it." He chuckled, ruffling my hair before i pushed his hand away.