Chapter 3 - Number One Strategist

These two years of resentment and sorrow have all come to mind, making Du Sinan gnash his teeth loudly.

  Li Yaoying smilingly indicated to a sturdy servant.

  The healthy servant picked up several big loads of firewood, rice, mutton, vegetables and other things, striding into the courtyard.

  Du Sinan laughed coldly and said, "Undeserved work should not be rewarded."

  Yaoying laughed lightly: "Du lang is highly talented, deserves it."

  Du Sinan's chest rose and fell violently, very much wanting to spray a mouthful of blood onto the Seventh Princess's face.

  "Du lang's complexion looks unwell, still needs to stay in bed to recuperate. I will leave you alone."

  As usual, the sturdy servant just put down the burden, Yaoying said goodbye, the soft whip in her hand tapping her palm, obviously absent-minded.

  But her face still had a drifting smile, her eyes full of concern.

  Having such a shrewdness at such a young age, while also this beautiful, bound to be a great trouble for the trusted aides in the future.

  Du Sinan's complexion was ashen.

  Yaoying turned around and walked down the stone steps.

 Xie Qing, the family's general, greeted her with a horse and asked in a deep voice, "Your Highness, are you going back to the palace?"

  Yaoying mounted her horse, turning the horse's head: "I'm going to stroll around the west market. Second brother is coming back, I will pick out a new saddle for him."

 Not long after Li De became the emperor, he took Crown Prince Li Xuanzhen and his second son Li Zhongqian on a military campaign. The good news came back not long ago. Calculating the distance, in another five to six days, the army will have returned to Chang'an.

  Xie Qing consented, looked back to glance at Du Sinan, then followed behind Yaoying on horse.

  Yaoying knew that Xie Qing must have wondered why she had an odd attitude towards Du Sinan, neither placing him in an important position nor straightforwardly killing him to eliminate future problems.

  She could not touch Du Sinan.

  He was supposed to be the number one strategist under Li Xuanzhen's tent. Whenever she wanted to make things difficult for him, she similarly felt pain all over.

  She could only think of another way: preventing him from joining Li Xuanzhen.

  Now it seemed that this method worked well. Second brother had successfully avoided being hurt by Du Sinan.

  As for recruiting Du Sinan and making him available for personal use....

  Yaoying shook her head.

 Du Sinan had discerning insight and was good at reading people. When he was still in Nanchu, he once evaluated Li De with four words: lord of this generation.

  The evaluation of Li Xuanzhen was also four words: this outstanding lord also.

  When it came to Li Zhongqian, it was eight words: Courage but no strategy, not a great weapon.

  His ambitions were far-reaching, his vision long-term. He would achieve his goals by any means, not in the least content to join Li Zhongqian's tent as a strategist. Even if forced to make him comply, he would not sincerely plan and strategize for Li Zhongqian, possibly even colluding in secret with Li Xuanzhen.