Chapter 42: Business Transaction

The chief historian quietly wiped his tears.

Xu Biao counted the number of guards in the house and asked Yaoying to put up a struggle: "We, this group of people, were all originally reckless performers travelling and wandering aimlessly. The prince did not care about our backgrounds and gave us a future. Now that the prince is in trouble, we cannot just sit still."

The chief historian hastily wiped away his tears: "No, the prince left you behind to protect the princess! If you leave, who will protect the princess?"

Xu Biao was quiet for a moment, unable to respond.

Yaoying finished reading the last reply letter, walked outside in front of the main courtyard's steps, and looked up at the sky.

The Southern Chu people were experts at using poison. Li Zhongqian was first hit by a poisoned arrow then wounded by a cut, and now he was surrounded and in danger. The more they delayed, the slimmer his hopes of survival.

She could not afford to wait.

The chief historian stomped a foot and said, "What if we go and beg His Majesty? Will His Majesty send someone to save the prince?"

Yaoying shook her head.

Of course Li De would send troops, but would the people he sent save Li Zhongqian?

In the front, there was Zhao Tong, the third prince, the fourth prince, and the ruthless Southern Chu people. In the back were the military generals who did not dare to offend Li Xuanzhen. No matter who was sent to save Li Zhongqian, they would only need to delay one or two days and Li Zhongqian would definitely die.

And the front line was complicated. There must be Southern Chu people inside the Wei army, so even if the reinforcements really wanted to save Li Zhongqian, the third and fourth princes were bound to interfere and ruin the rescue.

The chief historian sobbed in despair, "Is there really no way out at all?"

Yaoying's eyes raised up, and her jet-black eyes flashed with determination.

"There is another method."

Everyone in front of the main courtyard looked up at her.

Yaoying stood in the cool twilight of the early autumn, her skin like the first snow, hair like ink, a faint halo of light surrounding her.

"Prepare the horses to go to the Eastern Palace."

The chief historian, Xu Biao, and the other guards all stared in wide-eyed shock.

Only Xie Qing turned around silently without a second thought, and went to prepare a mount for Yaoying.

Before leaving, Yaoying went back to her room, found something, and put it in her sleeve.

The chief historian chased her to the wangfu's main entrance: "Princess, don't go to the Eastern Palace. We and the Eastern Palace are like water and fire; how can His Highness the Crown Prince extend a hand to save the prince? You will only be humiliated by that Wei Ming if you go."

Yaoying swung onto her saddle and mounted her horse.

"Li Xuanzhen will promise to save him." She held the reins tightly and kicked the horse's belly lightly, "Because I know what he wants."

The Wusun horse's hooves spurred into action and ran into the golden twilight.

It was already late in the evening. The beating drums echoed from north to south, the sound resounding all over into the night sky. The evening sunset burned brightly, coloring the pavilions within the towering palace walls in a brilliant red.