Chapter 121: Rescue

Yaoying listened carefully. There were several muffled sounds from the courtyard as people, one after another fell to the ground. Xie Chong yelled but was interrupted by someone, and the shouting stopped abruptly.

The sound of many footsteps came from the long corridor, and people's shadows shifted on her window.

Yaoying's heart pounded. She groped for her dagger in the dark, got up from bed, and, barefoot, tiptoed behind the door.

With a creak, the latch was flicked open from the outside. A pair of hands pushed the door open, and several black shadows slipped into the room, making a beeline toward the bed.

"Princess!"

Xie Qing and Xie Peng's explosive shouts came, and the courtyard was filled with flashing swords and shadows. While the personal soldiers yelled and tangled with people dressed in night clothes, the long corridor was filled with people inside and outside.

Yaoying hid behind the door, clutching her dagger in her hand.

The black shadows ran to the long couch and lifted the thin blanket. Not seeing Yaoying, they immediately turned around and searched the room.

One of the black shadows narrowed his eyes and turned around, his body flashing. In the blink of an eye, his tall and powerful body was already in front of Yaoying. His muscular and long arms reached out, and his large hands firmly clutched her wrists and exerted slight force.

Both of Yaoying's hands immediately trembled. With a clack, the dagger in hand fell to the ground.

Behind the man's hideous mask came several low laughs. The laughter was full of wildness and unrestrainedness: "Princess Wenzhao, you always like to hide in such places such as behind the door."

The blood throughout Yaoying's went cold. Her eyes widened as she met those sharp, pale golden eyes: Haidu Aling!

Haidu Aling snickered. His rough fingers pinched Yaoying's chin, and he said contemptuously, "I told you, you can't escape from my hands."

Yaoying's teeth chattered. She struggled to free herself from his arms, but her arms and legs were stiff and she couldn't even move.

Haidu Aling laughed and leaned down to pick her up, his golden eyes filled with the desire to conquer his prey: "Princess, you've had enough fun outside. It's time to go back."

He carried Yaoying out of the long corridor. In a few steps, he leaped up the courtyard wall. His figure rose and fell several times, his movements agile. In the blink of an eye, he had flitted over a row of roofs.

Xie Qing and the others looked on helplessly as Yaoying was taken away. Eyes filled with passion, they chased with raised blades but were entangled by other masked people in a difficult fight. When they looked up again, there was a silver moon in front of them. Where was there a trace of Yaoying?

"Princess!"

Xie Chong shouted anxiously.

Yaoying was taken out of the palace, long unable to hear the urgent shouts of her personal soldiers. The only sound in her ears was the whirring wind and the calm, slow breathing of Haidu Aling. His strong, muscular arms held her tightly, like iron bands, binding her unable to move.

She shivered gently. Seeing that she was getting farther and farther away from the palace, she gathered all her strength and bit down on Haidu Aling's neck.

Haidu Aling laughed lightly and deftly avoided it. He caught her chin and his warm breath touched her nose: "I haven't seen you for a few days. How come the princess has learned to bite?"