Chapter 136: Change of Plans

The leopard extended its legs, tail swaying, and circled the two of them unhurriedly, very languidly, like it was patrolling its territory.

Yaoying lowered her eyes and did not look at it.

The leopard took a look at her. Perhaps because she looked familiar, it suddenly moved forward. Claws pawing at her skirt, the leopard's furry head rubbed against her skirt.

Yuanjue let out a soft cry, hands clenching into fists, nervously staring at the leopard. A few drops of sweat rolled down the sides of his forehead.

Yaoying's body stiffened, holding her breath, not daring to move.

The dry wind blew past. The hair at her temples fell out, brushing her cheeks, feeling somewhat ticklish.

Yuanjue shook his head towards Yaoying: Princess, don't move.

The leopard came closer and closer, so close that she could hear it breathe. A cold shiver rolled through Yaoying's body and she clenched her teeth, letting the leopard get closer to her.

Just when she was about to lose her composure, the leopard suddenly shuddered. Looking back, it sniffed the air and leaped lithely towards the earthen wall.

The flowering vines shook, and the spotted leopard's figure disappeared into the shadows.

Yaoying held on for a while longer to make sure the leopard didn't turn around before releasing a long breath.

Yuanjue gave her an apology, "I didn't expect Ali to hide there, which frightened the princess."

Yaoying smiled and indicated that it was no matter.

Yuanjue sent her back and watched her back walk farther away. He immediately turned around and walked quickly through the corridor.

Golden light flashed ahead. The leopard crossed the courtyard with graceful steps, gently climbing up the promenade. It wagged its tail towards a man, lifted its head, and rubbed the man's leg.

The man looked down with deep turquoise eyes.

The leopard held its head high, gazing at him expectantly.

The man leaned down, his palm spread. A string of prayer beads was looped a few times around his wrist.

The leopard rubbed against his palm, letting out a pampered purr. Satisfied, it lay on its side at his feet and began to lick its paws.

Yuanjue followed into the courtyard and knelt on one knee, "King, Princess Wenzhao came over just now."

Tumoroga raised his eyes and hummed. Dressed in a light gray monk's clothes, it set off his extraordinarily upright posture.

"Why is Ali here?"

Yuanjue said, "This subordinate does not know. Maybe the caretaker lazed off for a moment, allowing Ali to sneak out."

Tumoroga looked calm and said, "Send it back to the beast garden. Don't let it scare people."

Yuanjue understood that Tumoroga had seen the way the leopard had just teased Princess Wenzhao and respectfully answered yes.

Tumoroga raised his hand, the prayer beads gently swaying, and made a gesture with his hands.

"Go, Ali."

The leopard docilely rose and stepped down the long corridor to follow Yuanjue.

Yuanjue led the leopard, gingerly walking out of the courtyard when Tumoroga's voice suddenly came from behind him.